Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung 32" HDMI tv with bad reception

• 31-12-2010 7:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and the lady just got a new Samsung 32" HD ready tv from Santa ;)

I brought it home and swapped it with our 2-3 y/o Samsung 19" HD ready tv. The problem is the reception is very pixelated and nowhere near as good quality as the 19". We are using a standard scart connection between the UPC digital box and the tv as with the 19".

Am I missing something? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Welcome to UPC! The same happens with Sky, but not to the same extent.

Operators compress the channels a lot to save space so they can be pixalated - especially if the signal is weak. You may simply have not have noticed it on a 19" - but a 32" makes it a lot more obvious. The further you sit away from the TV the less obvious it will be.

On Samsungs, there are advanced picture options like noise reduction settings which may help.

Advertisement