Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A return to Craggy Island - New Year's Day - Channel 4

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

No sign of Tom (Pat Shortt in the I shot JR T-shirt) in the documentary, I know he was a small role but always made me laugh just looking at him.

Father Ted: (as Tom comes out of the Post Office with money, to the sound of a robbery alarm and a gunshot) Ya haven't been up to your auld tricks again, have ya?
    Tom
    : No, Father. 'Tis my money. I just didn't want to fill out the forms.

Tom: would you believe my own dog did this to me... doesn't it look like a face Father

We last saw Tom when Ted asked him to 'take care' of some rabbits. Whilst Ted meant this in a 'Julie Andrews' way, Tom had a distinctly 'Al Pacino view' of the situation.

Father Ted
    : That's a very nice sword. Where exactly are you going to put the rabbits?
    Tom
    : In the vice, father.
    Tom
    : (about the rabbits) I could run them down in me van!
    Tom
    : Have you nothing I could kill at all all, Father?
    Father Ted
    : Uh no Tom, no.
    Tom: Well, feck it anyway!
    Father Ted
    : Run Dougal, run quite fast!

or

Tom: Father I killed a man
    Ted: Sorry Tom, I'll have to talk to you later I'm doing a television interview

or when he is sitting on the wall and just shouts "bird" before shooting it with his shotgun

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

This is one of my favourite bits, cracks me up every time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Stephen Tompkinson and Dervla Kirwan's finest roles to date. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

' i can do ye up a salad '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I liked the piano version of My Lovely Horse by Neil Hannon.

Twas a bit sad, Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

aDeener wrote: »
    ride me sideways was another one

Get your bollix out of my face

• Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭briany

This is one of my favourite bits, cracks me up every time

The attention to detail is great. You can clearly see the distant figure of the old man chasing after him . That's not something you would definitely notice the first time of seeing it and it tickles me. And Dougal's disembodied head coming in, looking all confused and then turning around and leaving is always priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

If you were a priest already then why did you take that other priests' clothes.........ah it was Just going that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

BBC Sound Effects Volume V.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It was great to see the house and a glimpse of what its like inside. Ive been threatening to go on a Fr. Ted pilgrimage for a couple of years now. Always wanted to check out some of the locations, especially the parochial house.

Ardal and Frank came across really well. Ive seen other programs where they seemed to be abit disparaging about Fr. Ted and didnt like the idea of being associated with it forever. They seem to have got over themselves.

It must be amazing for the writers to see a sitcom that had the potential to be forgotten about very easily, to go on to have such a huge impact on popular culture in Ireland and Britain. I think its strongest point is that it works on so many different levels for a diverse audience. My Dad loves it and always laughs at more straightforward slapstick stuff, but beyond that theres layers of really nuanced comedy that make me LOL even after seeing it so many times.
    Its just a pity Dermot Morgan wasnt around for this. From the sound of things, he would have made the documentary unmissable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bertaluchi

I'd love to see this documentary, but I'm away in another country so I can't get it.
    Hint hint. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

bertaluchi wrote: »
    I'd love to see this documentary, but I'm away in another country so I can't get it.
    Hint hint. Anyone?

Hint? How about a hint of grey? You never hear a woman humming. I knew a woman once, but she died soon afterwards. Now if you push me to it, I'd have to say my favourite colour is grey. No, blue. A soft blue with a hint of grey.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

omahaid wrote: »
    Hint? How about a hint of grey? You never hear a woman humming. I knew a woman once, but she died soon afterwards. Now if you push me to it, I'd have to say my favourite colour is grey. No, blue. A soft blue with a hint of grey.

Orange!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I stood beside Arthur Matthews at a Drogheda United match earlier this (disastrous) season, and it was so weird, I kept urging myself to turn to him and quote something from Fr. Ted or Big Train-but I couldn't! I think I just made some comment about Glen Fitzpatrick being sh*te, and he nodded in agreement. I loved that documentary tonight, not in a trite way but it did make me proud to be Irish. "Father Jessop, what are you doing in Father Jack's underpants hamper?!" :)

Ya could have roared 'Fup off ref, Ya baxtard' (Arthur Matthews was the man complaining that Ted was in his spot)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

There was another father ted thread recently enough i think where i posted this but have to again.

My favourite moment when the girls walk round the traffic cones.

What a show!

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyyesno

Hmmm, wonder are Arthur Matthews or Graham Linehan fans of this guy? The joke that starts at the 29 second mark, coincidence? And I'd say that routine predates Fr Ted by at least a decade.

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyyesno

Advertisement