Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip-off price for a Munster season ticket replacement.

• 31-12-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago I misplaced my Munster supporters home season ticket. It's basically a plastic card the size of an ATM card with the usual jazz; name, supporter number and a barcode to swipe in at Thomond Park. I contacted the Official Supporters Club and I was informed that my card could be replaced for a fee of twenty Euros! Now of course I'll pay it but am I the only one that thinks this is a complete and utter rip off? While me losing the card is certainly no fault of theirs I've paid my season fee and I think I'm being taken advantage of. Even the bank don't charge to replace ATM cards. I thought I might get charged a small admin fee or something but is there anybody out there that can justify twenty euro to replace a piece of plastic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

If there was only a nominal fee, then people wouldn't take care of their cards. €20 makes you look after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Also, if they don't have their own card printer it would cost more than a nominal fee to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

91011 wrote: »
    If there was only a nominal fee, then people wouldn't take care of their cards. €20 makes you look after it.
    It goes in your wallet and stays there till match day. I don't think people COULD be any more or less careful unless it's the perfect tool for cutting up Coke.

Also, if they don't have their own card printer it would cost more than a nominal fee to replace.
    It's the biggest supported club in the country. I'm pretty sure they have their own printer. Anyone who remembers their college induction knows these types of cards can be printed up in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

I think €20 is alot to charge for a replacement but i have heard friends of mine say they take extra care of there fan cards due to the high cost of replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

MyKeyG wrote: »
    It's the biggest supported club in the country. I'm pretty sure they have their own printer. Anyone who remembers their college induction knows these types of cards can be printed up in no time.
    Man United are the biggest "supported" club in the country. [shudder]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Man United are the biggest "supported" club in the country. [shudder]

Aren't there more Leinster Bandwagon jumpers than Munster Bandwagon jumpers now as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The rail and bus network charge you for replacement cards.
    Passport offices charge for replacement passports.

Its hardly a rip off, it standard practice.
    I mean the banks are hardly a bastion of proper practice are they now?

d'Oracle wrote: »
    The rail and bus network charge you for replacement cards.
    Passport offices charge for replacement passports.
    It's hardly comparable to Irish rail, in Munsters case it's not exactly rewarding loyalty. I would agree with an incremental charge for repeat 'losers' but €20 straight off the bat I just feel is a bit much. I could be wrong it's just how I feel. I mean this board is littered with people questioning how businesses justify such and such a charge. e.g. printers charging €10 to take files off a memory stick etc. I don't see why this is any different, it doesn't cost €20 to print up a plastic card.
    I mean the banks are hardly a bastion of proper practice are they now?
    They don't charge €20 for a replacement card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

You're lucky they replaced it at all...
    Ticket non-refundable/non-replaceable.

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    You're lucky they replaced it at all...
    Purely out of wonderment where does it say that? I was in contact with J(can't say full name) today and she said it was absolutely no problem. On the one hand it's not replaceable, on the other it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,287 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Even the bank don't charge to replace ATM cards.

For the first one they don't any subsequent ones they will.

For the first one they don't any subsequent ones they will.
    Honestly I've had two ATM cards replaced free of charge in the last 18 months (yes I'm a habitual wallet loser). Anyway that's off topic. I had my little rant. I applied for a reprint, they said no problem, it'll cost me 20 squid and that's that. Will have it for the Leinster tie which will be merely a grudge match since because of the new format both teams will more than likely have secured playoff spots by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Purely out of wonderment where does it say that? I was in contact with J(can't say full name) today and she said it was absolutely no problem. On the one hand it's not replaceable, on the other it is?

It's written on the back of the card, as I said!

As for J, K or any other... http://www.mrsc.ie/Contact_Us.aspx

testicle wrote: »
    It's written on the back of the card, as I said!

As for J, K or any other... http://www.mrsc.ie/Contact_Us.aspx
    Sorry it looked like a quote from someone called 'backofcard' I have a lot to learn :D. Yes that's the J I was in contact with.

Sent the reprint request off Friday. Guess what my Mam just found?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anyone who remembers their college induction knows these types of cards can be printed up in no time.
    I remember in UCD if you lost your card you paid for a new one, if it was stolen you got a new one free. I think some other place had the same setup.

rubadub wrote: »
    I remember in UCD if you lost your card you paid for a new one, if it was stolen you got a new one free. I think some other place had the same setup.
    Bit of a silly rule to be fair since any student in his right mind would claim it was stolen even if they lost it to avoid a charge.

Advertisement