Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mortgage Break/Holiday

Options
  • 31-12-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has applied for a mortgage break from BOI recently. I was thinking of applying for one so that I could clear CC debt and car loan. 3 to 6 months would be ideal. Are they hard to get and does it take long? I have 2 mortgages and an equity release, can I apply for more than one at a time. The 2 mortgages are trackers.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

In my experience they're difficult to get. I applied for a 3 month break in May when my husband lost his job. The most I could get was interest only. TBH I doubt they'll give you a payment break so you can clear other debts. If it was a case that you were out of work or something they might come to some sort of arrangement.

Advertisement