Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook problem

• 31-12-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this so feel free to move. in the last few weeks I am having a problem with my facebook. everytime I click on anything ie home, messages, pictures, games etc I am almost always asked " are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" when I say yes it usually works ok but sometimes I just get a blank page. also recently when I first log in I get a page which asks me to update my security information with 3 steps the first is updating my email address, I dont want to do that but cant move to step two. I am guessing its something to do with my setting on my laptop because it works ok in my sons laptop. can anyone advise??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭scotchannie

What browser are you using? Is it internet explorer or moxilla firefox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

Its either your browser and/or some malware that has been installed on your PC.

Download these:

1) Chrome or Firefox . Dont use Internet explorer as its full of bugs (and a bit ****e)

2) Ensure your antivirus is up to date if not you can get AVG for free

3) Now Facebook should be working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

IE is a waste of time, as said, Firefox or chrome are the bees knees, or Rockmelt, that basically is Chrome with facebook implemented, pretty cool, but too much facebook for me im afraid

but could be internet settings, the browser, security settings or other stuff i guess... not a broadband issue so rest free of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

thanks peeps.. but I already use firefox. wonder if I deleted it and re installed it. would that help? It has been working fine and only started acting up about 3 weeks ago. wreacking ma head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

download and install this program, http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1 give your computer a scan and see if you still have the same problem.

a uninstall and re-install of firefox wont do much for you as the bugs (malware & spyware) will still remain on your computer until removed with the above program.

come to think of it youd be better running the scan in safe mode. so do the following,

1, Download & install the above link
    2, Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 on startup (normally the screen that shows the make of computer you have)
    3, pick "safe mode" from the list of options that show up
    4, open malwarebytes and run a scan (the program you just installed)
    5, once finished and all problems have been fixed, restart your computer normaly
    6, check to see if your problems are still there, if not..... GREAT SUCCESS :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Cheers for that.. worked like a charm :-)

Advertisement