Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N8

Options
  • 31-12-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of getting a Nokia N8. I'd like a smartphone. I have a SE C905 at the moment, mainly because the camera is very important to me and so far I hadn't seen a smartphone with a better camera.

Anyway, my question is really where should I buy it? I'm happy to go bill pay and I don't mind the length of contract. There is no meteor signal here. My usage is just over 200 texts a month and only 20mins calls (mostly to landline or 02).

I have looked and looked online but I still not sure of the best value. Obviously I don't want a big bill each month. At the moment I spend about 30euros and would like to stay around there or less.

Please advise me on the plan and any comments on the phone welcome too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I take it that you want data included? Or are planning buying a data addon?

The o2 simplicity might suit you, its €20 a month for 100 mins and 100 any network texts. Also included is unlimited calls and texts to o2 customers. Then you can add data to that for €7.50 or €9.99. This is only a 30 day contract, so you would have to buy the phone separate on prepay. If you dont want a data at all then you might be better just using prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I had very poor reception on my n 95 in my house. I'm also with meteor. The reception on the n8 is way better. You might get a signal. Meteor definitely have the best packages. Where do you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

Thanks for the replies.

I've decide to go for 02 billpay 40euros per mth (18mths) and 99euros for the phone.

Advertisement