Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonos

• 31-12-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hello

I am considering getting Sonos S5 + Zonebridge + CR200 as a system I would really like to hear real life experiences from any users on here also are there any Music streaming services that work with Sonos in Ireland I mean like spotify etc

Thanks for any help

mylesm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 siscri

I have a couple S5s in my house and just ordered a third. They're great. Have one of them hooked up to a hard drive with all my music on. Control the whole thing with my Android phone.

In terms of streaming services the one I use is Deezer which is very good. Can play what they call 'smartradio' which is like radio themed to an artist.

Highly recommend the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Thanks for reply I was wondering was there a streaming service available in Ireland that can be controlled via the Sonos CR200 Controller

I have a NAS with music stored so this should be no problem to integrate into sonos but i would like to have a streaming service available as well

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

mylesm wrote: »
    Thanks for reply I was wondering was there a streaming service available in Ireland that can be controlled via the Sonos CR200 Controller

I have a NAS with music stored so this should be no problem to integrate into sonos but i would like to have a streaming service available as well

Thanks

As well as Deezer there is Wolfgang's Vault. Other than that, Spotify is available in the UK (Ireland soon) and Last.fm but is North America only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

I have 2 logitech squeezebox booms. Work very well and tap into my iTunes library on my mac via wifi.

Spotify is next on my list I ll have to get a uk friends cc number to make it work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

hi guys,

im looking at the sonos again.

what i understanding is i needed a zone bridge connected to my router then i would get a zone player/s5 for the music.

will use my iphone for controlling the music.

my questions what is the best for nas

time captule??? or what

any thoughts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭trev44

ipodrocker wrote: »
    hi guys,

what i understanding is i needed a zone bridge connected to my router then i would get a zone player/s5 for the music.

time captule??? or what

any thoughts!

i have a squeezebox boom. discontinued now but the new range is here.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/speakers-audio/wireless-music-systems
    i love it. it streams my itunes library from my mac over wi-fi. saving up for the Touch for the kitchen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

ipodrocker wrote: »
    hi guys,

time captule??? or what

any thoughts!

Should get most if not all answers here....
    http://forums.sonos.com/

Best nas....I have Western Digital "My World Book" and works a treat. A lot went with a buffalo one though. Go with Sonos, you will NOT regret it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

brilliant

so its buffalo 2tb and sonos me thinks!

think will start with zone bridge and play 3 and build it up from there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 minibob

Recently purchased a Sonos Player 5 Bundle from Connectedhomes.EU; Works great in our sitting room; highly recommended....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Homer.sim

SNIP

• Advertisement
Advertisement