Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in New Years Eve

Options
  • 31-12-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

who else is sitting in with the family tonight?!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I will be sittng in at work with my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Not me. I think the family's going out. Aaah, peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

House party >>> pub/club on NYE

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

rarnes1 wrote: »
    House party >>> pub/club on NYE

does it count as a house party when its with your folks?! lol ill go with yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

I'll probably sit in with the folks, watch an end of year review, then at the stroke of 12, we'll get up, all cross hands and sing Auld Lang Syne, then pop out to the front door, and wish all the neighbours a Happy New Year, whilst listening to the ships blowing their foghorns in Dundalk Port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

who else is sitting in with the family tonight?!

Me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

NYE is a load of me hoop! They can shove it up their holes!

That is all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CaptchaS

Were sitting in too, New baby here so don't mind at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i find this thread a relief, as i taught i was the only sad bastard staying in tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fryup wrote: »
    i find this thread a relief, as i taught i was the only sad bastard staying in tonight

You are not sad my friend, you are one of the wise ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I will be asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm working until 9am:(
    CaptchaS wrote: »
    Were sitting in too, New baby here so don't mind at all.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

I'll be at home, eating crap and watching the Family Guy box set that Santa gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

New years eve has to be the worst day in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Hopefully i'll be lying in a dingy alley way in a drunken stupor having sh1t my pants, p*ssed myself and vomited violently with a fat prostitute rubbing her fanny juice into my belly button with her arsecheeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

There's a rake of us who decided not to deal with all of the amateurs and bull **** that goes along with NYE. We're started having a 'Day One' party where we all get together and go on the drink on NYD free from all of the NYE headaches.

Day One: It's for Professionals.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Hopefully i'll be lying in a dingy alley way in a drunken stupor having sh1t my pants, p*ssed myself and vomited violently with a fat prostitute rubbing her fanny juice into my belly button with her arsecheeks.

I hope you are paying her triple time for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

never fully understood the whole anti NYE thing.People seem to think their making a big point by not going out....no one cares.

Ill be in a packed noisy pub/club in galway along with half of dublin it seems, and i cant wait for it!

df1985 wrote: »
    never fully understood the whole anti NYE thing.People seem to think their making a big point by not going out....no one cares.

Ill be in a packed noisy pub/club in galway along with half of dublin it seems, and i cant wait for it!

you are in the right city for sure, galway will be busy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Me.

Packed clubs, pay more for already overpriced drinks? Nah

My bottle of Jameson is waiting for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Will stay at home. New baby so spend new years eve in the house with it.

Probably be in bed at 10.30 and go for a run next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

kfallon wrote: »
    NYE is a load of me hoop! They can shove it up their holes!

That is all!
    Nemanja91 wrote: »
    New years eve has to be the worst day in the year.

I'm with ye's lads. Can't stand new years. Everyone trying to force themselves to have fun and make it "the bestest night everererr!!!" so hard that they all look like they are either constipated or having a mild stroke. Has to be the most pretentious non-event on the calender. Turns normal people into some kind of prozac riddled soap opera actors. I'll be turning off my phone about 9pm, cracking open a bottle of whisky and playing guitar and watching movies until I pass out on the couch...... And I still bet I will have a more interesting and genuinely enjoyable night than the coat hanger smile zombies that will be crammed into the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Dying with the flu so Ill be sitting in. No loss really. Im one of these people that cant get artificially excited because a clock changes from 23:59 to 00:00.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

kfallon wrote: »
    You are not sad my friend, you are one of the wise ones!

Two sad acts on this thread already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Too many bad NYE experinces ranging from people going missing to waking up outside someones house miles from my home, will just stay in and have a few beers with the missus. Might get the ride too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I have a date with my couch, a crate of beer and a half ounce.

That is unless the wife has other ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sitting in because I have kids and having a a friend or two over.

Even if I could get out, I'd only go to the local or another house or maybe even go away anyway. Hate town on NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

whats the best thing on the box tonight to be watchin from 11 on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

strobe wrote: »
    I'm with ye's lads. Can't stand new years. Everyone trying to force themselves to have fun and make it "the bestest night everererr!!!" so hard that they all look like they are either constipated or having a mild stroke. Has to be the most pretentious non-event on the calender. Turns normal people into some kind of prozac riddled soap opera actors. I'll be turning off my phone about 9pm, cracking open a bottle of whisky and playing guitar and watching movies until I pass out on the couch...... And I still bet I will have a more interesting and genuinely enjoyable night than the coat hanger smile zombies that will be crammed into the clubs.

Can you remember the coming of the Millenium? It was hyped up to the last- nightclubs were charging £200 entrance fees, the Savoy Hotel in London had been taking bookings since 1970. Joe Dolan played at Gleneagles in Co. Kerry and he had been booked since 1989!

So we imagined this was hoing to be an out of the world experience, we went to a house party organised by friends and was as usual a non-event.

We found out afterwards the pubs in the town had been quiet, the local nightclub got only a handful of revellers so had to abolish the £200 fee to their usual £10 to get more people in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

1qTour wrote: »
    whats the best thing on the box tonight to be watchin from 11 on?

Usually have Jools Holland on...

Advertisement