Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in New Years Eve

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

kerryman12 wrote: »
    what do u get out of that, seriously?

I can tell you what i wont get out of it.....A hangover ....

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

charlemont wrote: »
    I can tell you what i wont get out of it.....A hangover ....

fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

Not a fan of New Years Eve at all. I just treat it like any other night. Some years I've gone to bed early. I will stay awake for 12, but to me it's just the passage of time.

I find it a very reflective time of year and I also always get a little sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Most of the time, I end up going to bed early, I just can't be bothered, I used to make more of an effort and go into town but these days, I don't see the point of paying 10/20 Euro to get in somewhere and then queue for 20 mins trying to get a drink..

I must be getting old :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

angel01 wrote: »
    Most of the time, I end up going to bed early, I just can't be bothered, I used to make more of an effort and go into town but these days, I don't see the point of paying 10/20 Euro to get in somewhere and then queue for 20 mins trying to get a drink..

I must be getting old :eek:

+1, I'm spending the next hour writing down the sh*t of 2010 that I want to leave behind me, the stupid sh*t of 2010 that stops me being positive and getting on with things, at 11:30 tonight, I'm going out to the field behind my house and sitting down in the middle of the field and burning all the paper I've written my probs down on, and I'm coming back in this door in 2011 with a new vigour and a lot less problems...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

new years is just a load of bollocks tbh. just another excuse to go and get sh!tfaced. 2011 - same sh!t different year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Jools Holland at 11 on BBC2.
    If I am not asleep by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Staying in and watching the Alien quadrilogy on blu-ray.
    Most of my friends are sick or in Couples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I honestly dont get the whole thing and im not saying it just to be blasé, i just dont understand the deal thats made over New Years :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Most of my friends are sick or in Couples.

lot of that going around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

kerryman12 wrote: »
    lot of that going around!

yup mix of man flu and vomiting bug.

if there not sick there partner is thus there staying in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

TPD wrote: »
    Woke up with a bit of a cough this morning. Medicine on the way, non-drowsy sort, will see how I feel later on. House party if I'm able.

I woke up with "a bit of a cough" on Tuesday. Today I've spent the whole day on the couch dying. Coughing, sneezing, fever, headache and drinking whiskey.

You're doomed, DOOMED I tell thee....Happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Just sitting in, probably having a few pints, maybe a movie or playstation or something. I just don't think I would have the energy to go and mingle with people that I see probably once a year that I don't really like, in an over crowded night club that charges 5.50 for a pint of Heineken.

Why bother with that when I can crack open that keg of Heineken that I got for Christmas. Sure it always comes out half head and half beer, beats queuing for 20 mins at some dive to just have some nob knock it out of your hand and attempt to walk off through the sea of people and oders.

I'm making the right choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

AndyKiely wrote: »
    Just sitting in, probably having a few pints, maybe a movie or playstation or something. I just don't think I would have the energy to go and mingle with people that I see probably once a year that I don't really like, in an over crowded night club that charges 5.50 for a pint of Heineken.

Why bother with that when I can crack open that keg of Heineken that I got for Christmas. Sure it always comes out half head and half beer, beats queuing for 20 mins at some dive to just have some nob knock it out of your hand and attempt to walk off through the sea of people and oders.

Couldn't agree more... I'm wondering though is it just an Irish thing where you find yourself confronted by 20 Euro door charge thrown up for the privilege of waiting 30 minutes to be served a pint that is 10-20% more expensive than it is on any other day when the same venue is empty?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Battery about to die.

I am done till next year. Keep safe all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Staying in too, and better off imo.
    I'm French and do miss the French house parties though : a table full of friends, major food fest, with nice wine a-plenty, silly retrospective programs on the telly, but good happy ones, not the gloomy type you get here. The ones where you see that time when a female reporter spoke on unaware there was a well hung donkey trotting after his Mrs Donkey in the background, or babies playing drums, brides falling into a pool ... things you've seen a thousand times, but with the wine you still find them hilarious, or if you don't you can b*tch and moan about it :).
    What's on the box tonight ?

edit : and good champagne that didn't cost an arm and a leg with proper chocolatey chocolates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

In and prefectly ok with in. Spending the night with people I cant stand, being charged high price for the privilage and the nights highlight is 12!
    Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

@Openroad

Dude I know. Thats Harveys in Waterford for you. Packed come 1 nearly everynight, soon as that happens the prices jump up. All the more reason to stay in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

You know you're old when you're ... ?

Answer: Sitting in on New Years Eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Staying in with wife and family glass of sherry or two
    Wife will go to bed before midnight so i will do
    the traditonal let the new year in the front door
    and the old year out the back
    Watch big ben and fireworks
    Happy new year to all who contribute AH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

@Openroad

Dude I know. Thats Harveys in Waterford for you. Packed come 1 nearly everynight, soon as that happens the prices jump up. All the more reason to stay in.

Haven't gone to the pub here for quite some time, knew prices were high but blimey, definitely making the right choice to stay in, get in your own drink, no crowded pub, much better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

im sitting in too, tho ive to make the starter and desert for dinner tomorrow so that will keep me occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's the most over-rated night of the year...

.. every night I go out, I've a shi*e night.

Big ol' anticlimax (that's what she said!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I'll be taking it easy myself. I'm not one for new years stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Working til at least 11, probably closer to 12.

Will then decide if I want to go to

A) Bed, or
    B) "Party" in Fiance's sisters house.

I have a feeling B will be crap, but I'll be the biggest ****er if I don't go.

Oh, and if I do go, I won't be drinking, as I'll be dessy then. (Dessy Gnated)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Sitting in.........fighting with the missus......she's in the living room with a face on her that could turn milk sour.

I'll feck off to bed before 12.......what a bag of shíte new years eve is

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Marcia Lustley

stayin in also, :( but at least the godfather is on now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hazydays

i'm home alone hubby's in work til 1am and kids are in bed..oh how i'd love to be out partying

Advertisement