Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in New Years Eve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I live alone and most of my friends have left the country for work or otherwise. So I'll probably just play Xbox...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

ok cooking done, now time for a bacardi

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

New years eve used to always be with the family, the grandparents would be over and as lame as it was, it was one of the times I would see them.
    I skipped it for a few years and went out on the lash.

Visited my gran in a nursing home today for new years, she didn't recognise anyone.

Plan on eating chocolate, drinking tea and browsing wikipedia for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

NYE has to be the most overrated night of the year in my opinion. If i'm going out i'll always leave it till new years night a far better night out

so we're all either sick, friendless, studying, miserable s**ts or just smarter than all those loons out there waiting 30mins to be served a warm pint, getting groped by a stanger at midnight and waiting hours for a taxi...

hmmm....I'm off to have a drink with my mammy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    so we're all either sick, friendless, studying, miserable s**ts or just smarter than all those loons out there waiting 30mins to be served a warm pint, getting groped by a stanger at midnight and waiting hours for a taxi...

hmmm....I'm off to have a drink with my mammy!

I hear ya! having a drink with me auld lad, the auld wan is gone to bed already :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wouldn't have went out tonight..

.. I've had the worse head-cold since Tuesday - my head literally hasn't stopped throbbing since Tuesday, no matter how much Nurofen I throw at it. Full of phlegm and coughing and spluttering.

All this while my sister is enjoying New Year's in Thailand and my parents and brother are celebrating it in Lisbon.

Happy f*cking New Year alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Sitting in here watching Godfather 2 ah heaven Al Pacino
    Scarface is on next 12:10

New years eve is a load of **** in my view singing a crappy song nobody
    knows
    happy new year :( why dont people say 'crappy new year' thats what
    most people get

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

basquille wrote: »

.. I've had the worse head-cold since Tuesday - my head literally hasn't stopped throbbing since Tuesday, no matter how much Nurofen I throw at it. Full of phlegm and coughing and spluttering.

All this while my sister is enjoying New Year's in Thailand and my parents and brother are celebrating it in Lisbon.

ah, hope you feeling better soon, my two littles are sick.

Am at home with the sick hubby and the sick kids, at last can get on the pc for some peace and quiet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I live alone and most of my friends have left the country for work or otherwise. So I'll probably just play Xbox...
    Ah poor you

• Advertisement

Ah basquille... that's a bit*ch.. hope your feeling better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

TPD wrote: »
    Woke up with a bit of a cough this morning. Medicine on the way, non-drowsy sort, will see how I feel later on. House party if I'm able.

Wasn't able. Just after making and eating a big fried breakfast, was delicious. Eating some oranges now, gonna watch some X-Files. Very tempting to roll a joint but I don't know how my throat will respond.

Pretty 'meh' night to end a pretty 'meh' year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

2 new kiddies + no babysitter = no going out.

Boringest New Year's ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Going out? Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

working 8pm til 8am,weeks wage for the pleasure,that'll do me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Not the best year for me, but 2011 will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

HOLIDAY IN POLAND wooo hoooo

I cant wait!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Happy New Year Everyone! All the best for 2011! Bye bye 2010 welcome 2011!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

hoppy now ear , i mean hippy no ears , merry new your, oh **** it ol the bist for ll02, i mean have a good no ear . . . . . Ah **** it i'm having anoth(...)damn house measures!!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

nearly there:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

lol new years :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

Beat cancer this year and to celebrate im on my todd with a box of beer!Sod going out to a pub where they charge in, overcharge for warm piss and you get squeezed into a corner with people you spend most of the year trying to avoid!heres to an even better 2011!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bud10

Happy new year everyone. Hope its it's a healthy weathly one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Happy New Year..

.. ahh, anticlimax as per usual!

Happy new year folks..hope its a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Happy New Year..

.. ahh, anticlimax as per usual!

At least you are at home, Im in work. No one even noticed the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Happy new year everyone. Well worth staying in. Few drinks, Arrested Development and Father Ted and the bird in a good mood. Great night.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

For feck sake. Was listening to the RTÉ "live" stream for the countdown, and then realised it had a ten second delay. Worst New Years Ever :(

Advertisement