Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-mobile, sting in the tail!!!

Options
  • 31-12-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Bought my wife an e-mobile, on the 7-10 deal (10 euros for 7 days service).

After numerous problems, finally had it working for about three weeks (their offshored customer service is atrocious, but anyway...)

Yesterday she got a text saying "no credit" to make a call, yet we have the weekly deduction of 10 euro from the Credit Card??

What had happened - eircom mobile send you a text to say the end of your promotion is here (the end of 7 days).

Eircom are supposed to take 10 euro from your Credit Card and keep you going for another 7 days.

Only they sometimes they leave a gap in between taking the money, crediting your account and sending you a text message to say you are on a new promotion - a new seven day period.

Now that last bit, the new text, is vital - without that, if you make calls / texts you are eating in to your own balance. That is, there is an interval between getting the end of promotion and start of promotion texts. If you go below the 10euro during the period, you can't get a new promotion and it will eat up all your credit.

This interval can be an hour, but can be sometimes up to a day!!

So potentially and quite likely, you'll be stuck without being able to make any calls.

It begs the question why can't they take the money first, then send the two texts at once. I mean, these are all electronic transactions here, it seems the introduction of this "interval" can only favour one party. Why should there even be the need for text messages - -either the money comes out of the credit card or it doesn't!!!

If you want a phone service that is reliable, this is not the one.

Beware!

If you want to read on - here is our particular bizarre solution to this:

We are on a Tuesday to Tuesday 7 day promotion. The previous promotion ended the Tuesday but the "new promotion" text did not arrive, but money was taken from CC . In the meantime, the 10 euro that was credited to account to pay for new promotion was used up (a bit - a few texts sent) so new promotion couldn't be applied as there was no < 10 euro credit available.

Now we have been on to customer care 3 times, they have told us that we have to top up by 10euro (they might give us this as a compensation), we then need to change our promotion cycle to Fridays (to get some service today), but we must - this is brilliant - remember to phone them up on Tuesday to tell them that we want the Friday service to stay and not to take 10 euro on the Tuesday as that was the old cycle.

Only Eircom could manage customer service like this......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Figure out how many calls and texts she needs a month and get her a proper bill phone on a network which isn't know for billing issues.

the emobile pre pay offer was a bit crazy, it's like a bill phone only you get charged ever week and get none of the perks, it's pre pay so you can just walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

here is our particular bizarre solution to this:

A less bizarre solution would be to take your business elsewhere! Is it really worth all that hassle for a minimum commitment of at least €520 a year (or €1040 including your wife!) If what you're saying is true (not that I'm questioning you- from what I've heard you're absolutely correct) well then the both of you over the course of the year will most likely pay far more than that due to their "interval" trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I am also on a Tuesday top up. Here is my normal schedule of events:
    Get a text on Monday evenings saying remember to top up to enable your package to continue. (texts and minutes still valid).
    Tuesday about 10am I get a text saying thankyou for topping up (scheduled automatically).
    13:30-14:30 get a text saying 7-15 has been applied to my account. So I also have a period of no calls without it eating credit.
    Every time I call them, I get a different answer to any question I may ask. You never ever get the same answer twice.

All very confusing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Even though they said it was fixed, after three calls to customer care, even after a "new promotion" text received yesterday to start a new week of 200 mins/texts - got a text last night "Your credit is low". Promotion hadn't started, 10 euro credit used up.

Back to square 1. This is shockingly bad.

3 Mobile here we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

3 Mobile here we come!

OMFG, you must be a glutton for punishment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

OMFG, you must be a glutton for punishment

i am a new 3 customer for about a week or so, and so far i cannot fault their customer service, anytime i called them my question was answered quickly and promptly. i cut my mobile bill in half, for the same usage, by moving to three. their 2gb data allowance is good, and usagedetails are updated very frequently on their website, ( my last operator took about 5 days for unbilled calls to show).

its swings and roundabouts. so far i am happy with three.

i was one of three's first customers when they first opened, but left after about 6 months some years ago.

however now their customer service, is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I second the above post.

Their customer service is very good
    Their 3G coverage is surprisingly good and I live in Mayo
    Their the best Network I've been on and I've used both Vodafone and O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 release6767

Eircom who own E-Mobile only have call centers in Ireland........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Bought my wife an e-mobile, on the 7-10 deal (10 euros for 7 days service).

After numerous problems, finally had it working for about three weeks (their offshored customer service is atrocious, but anyway...)

Yesterday she got a text saying "no credit" to make a call, yet we have the weekly deduction of 10 euro from the Credit Card??

What had happened - eircom mobile send you a text to say the end of your promotion is here (the end of 7 days).

Eircom are supposed to take 10 euro from your Credit Card and keep you going for another 7 days.

Only they sometimes they leave a gap in between taking the money, crediting your account and sending you a text message to say you are on a new promotion - a new seven day period.

Now that last bit, the new text, is vital - without that, if you make calls / texts you are eating in to your own balance. That is, there is an interval between getting the end of promotion and start of promotion texts. If you go below the 10euro during the period, you can't get a new promotion and it will eat up all your credit.

This interval can be an hour, but can be sometimes up to a day!!

So potentially and quite likely, you'll be stuck without being able to make any calls.

It begs the question why can't they take the money first, then send the two texts at once. I mean, these are all electronic transactions here, it seems the introduction of this "interval" can only favour one party. Why should there even be the need for text messages - -either the money comes out of the credit card or it doesn't!!!

If you want a phone service that is reliable, this is not the one.

Beware!

If you want to read on - here is our particular bizarre solution to this:

We are on a Tuesday to Tuesday 7 day promotion. The previous promotion ended the Tuesday but the "new promotion" text did not arrive, but money was taken from CC . In the meantime, the 10 euro that was credited to account to pay for new promotion was used up (a bit - a few texts sent) so new promotion couldn't be applied as there was no < 10 euro credit available.

Now we have been on to customer care 3 times, they have told us that we have to top up by 10euro (they might give us this as a compensation), we then need to change our promotion cycle to Fridays (to get some service today), but we must - this is brilliant - remember to phone them up on Tuesday to tell them that we want the Friday service to stay and not to take 10 euro on the Tuesday as that was the old cycle.

Only Eircom could manage customer service like this......

Mother of God. What kind of a set up is that?
    It's hard enough to get companies to bill regularly and correctly once a month, let alone 3 or 4 times.

Get rid of the complications and just sign up to their €32 unlimited SIM only deal and be done with it.

Advertisement