Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for part time software or game design course

Options
  • 31-12-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi All - I'm 28 and I'm looking for a part time course in game design that's completely up to date...

but it has to be part time (evenings) and close to Louth Meath or Dublin.

Pulse College is the only one I've found so far (Game Development) for €3570

Anybody have any other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Richard Sneyd

Davil found the course at Clane College, which costs €250. Check it out here:
    http://www.clanecollege.com/cc/index.php/courses/computer-courses/game-design

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Funny that Richard, I just completed that course with you. :-D
    [edit] ah yes when I re-read your post I see you knew who I was [/edit]

but thanks anyway - the answer is here now for everyone else.

I can also highly recommend that course, very informative, you'd have a Fetac Minor Level 5 at the end of it..

and for €250 you definitely will not beat it on price anywhere in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Richard Sneyd

Ah, you figured it out in the end :rolleyes:

Well done on the project David, it turned out very well indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Thanks very much. I'm working on a couple of things at the moment. A web-based, space/galaxy takeover kind of game, game mechanics a highly guarded secret. It will be HTML5 / SVG / PHP / MySQL based. Also a Tower Defence game being made in Unity. As well as the project we were working on in Clane..

Advertisement