Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipad 3G carrier with o2 problems

• 31-12-2010 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I recently bought an ipad with 3G. I didn't try out the sim card until a few days ago and have not been able to connect to the O2 network allthough it showed 5 bars for the sim.
    I checked the O2 website and their microsim card webpage just shows a phonenumber to ring which I did and there again no joy.
    I was told that it shows that I am connected to the O2 network with my ipad and the fact that I can't access the internet doesn't seem to bother them.
    I would have presumed that the connection should have brought me to the appropriate webpage on their website to choose the actual sim plan.

My questions are:
    1. What are the correct APN setting for O2 network for the ipad?
    2. Might i be better off using a different network?

Sincere thanks to anybody who can help me out :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

I have an iPhone on u2 and only setting seems to be the word "internet" in the apn field. I think for the iPad you put the sim in and sync it with iTunes and it gets the relevant setting for your carrier. Have pre paid broadband modem myself and had to register it on o2.ie before it would let me browse any other page. After reg I had to go to my account and then choose pass. Might be the same for the iPad. This might need to be done on the pc rather than the iPad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

ipad carrier settings for price plan for ipad sim card - open.internet
    ipad carrier settings for active sim card with number- internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mizou

Thanks for replies and help.
    I have sorted it out since, the problem happened during the registration, I had to give my O2 mobile number to get the verification number to register.
    Without the verification number, no proper registration, even if the APN was correct.
    Just wondering if travellers to Ireland who buy microsim card for their ipad to use Irish broadband, would they need to have an 08xxxxxxxx number to register the microsim??

Advertisement