If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Kitchen TV price please.

Options
  • 31-12-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I need another tv :D , this one is for the kitchen so I'm thinking of the 22PFL3405 or the 26PFL3405. Can I get a price for these and a wall bracket that would work in a corner.

I was looking on the Philips site and it says that the panel is 1366 x 768p but in the next section it says 1080p 50/60 Hz processing?? Is the TV 720p (768p) or 1080p? Or have I just read it wrong? Not that 1080p would make any difference at this size.

If the RS guys have a different brand I should consider I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

forgot to ask .... does the philips TV play movie files (avi / divx / mkv) through it's USB? Would be a very handy feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Happy New Year to you Lar

The 3405 in 19/22 & 26" Screen sizes is 768x1366 Native Resolution.
    It can however handle a 1080p input but naturally will down scale it to display.

Re the USB input it wont handle any of those files you mention - JPEGS and MP3 files only pretty much.

The 22PFL3405H is currently €299.99
    The 26PFL3405H is currently €399.99

We have a SALE on at the moment so deduct 10% from those prices and both are in stock and on display.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply, I'm still looking for a 22" that will play movies over USB although its not looking too good. Seems you have to go upto 26" or 32" to get the feature.

Not sure that bigger than 22" will work where we want it so the Philips is still high on the list but just so you know I've seen it else where for €269 but it would pain me to give my money to that particular outfit.

EDIT: I've just done the maths and see your €269 too ....

Hi Lar

Our 32" 5 series TV's will start playing ball with video files via USB but the 3 series wont i'm afraid.

they still are excellent TV's however, the new LED backlighting has really given them a boost image wise.

You probably have seen it in action in the store i'd reckon, but if not call in next time you are passing by

atb
    Ash

Can you put one of the 22" ones (@ €269 :) ) to one side for me, I'll try get in at some point tomorrow if not it'll be Friday.

Do you have a wall bracket that will put the TV in a corner? Any of the 3D glasses in stock yet?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Lar

I'll have a 22PFL3405H set aside for you nowand reserved up on the system now.

One of my guys left a message on your phone yesterday re your PTA02 glasses kit - Its waiting for you with the 22/3405:)

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Lar

I'll have a 22PFL3405H set aside for you nowand reserved up on the system now.

One of my guys left a message on your phone yesterday re your PTA02 glasses kit - Its waiting for you with the 22/3405:)

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

I went into the shop yesterday to get the TV but was told they were out of stock and it would be next week hopefully before they came in. On telling the wife this she went to another shop and picked one up, sorry about that. I did buy the wall bracket from you if thats any consolation ...

I got the call about the glasses, hopefully get in to get them Friday or Saturday. Thanks.

No Worries re TV

Technically they are all reserved but the collection date on for has been bumped back so I now have one I could free one up for you, that and I've more coming Saturday

The glasses are ready to roll for you:)

Enjoy the TV

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.