Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Vino Douglas

Options
  • 31-12-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Really disappointed in the service there last night - wrong orders, late food - it was my first time after it being recommended....did I just choose a bad night ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Sounds similar to El Vino in Town so. I ordered a lunch there which had no resemblance to the description on the menu when it arrived. I pointed this out to the waitress and got a kinda 'meh - that's how it always is'. Well, you should change the description, or show the menu to the chef then, cause what's on the sheet bore no relation to what was on the plate. And it was cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I was really looking forward to it !

We asked for all of the Tapas to arrive together & they delivered mussels instead of crab cakes ( the other half wont touch mussels) - we'd finished the rest of the tapas before the crab cakes arrived.

Service was very frosty & when at the end I told them that they had forgotten to put a €23 bottle of Prosecco on the bill, I got 'oh dont worry we'll put that straight on for you' - no thanks for the honesty - in fact when I said that I didnt mind if they did or not, the manageress said quite gruffly 'well I do mind !'

I wasn't looking for it for free, but I dont think a thanks would have been out of the question & I took my tip back from the table....

I'd heard really good things about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

As news of mounting displeasure in eateries around Cork grows exponentially, Chef Ramsey has decided to do restaurant make overs in the city and suburbs.

In a rare 'joined up thinking' episode, planners also advised the widening of the river Lee and the construction of a higher bridge to facilitate the expected fallout from his reality TV series in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

gbee wrote: »
    As news of mounting displeasure in eateries around Cork grows exponentially, Chef Ramsey has decided to do restaurant make overs in the city and suburbs.

In a rare 'joined up thinking' episode, planners also advised the widening of the river Lee and the construction of a higher bridge to facilitate the expected fallout from his reality TV series in the City.

What:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

fedor.2. wrote: »
    What:confused:

What WHA?

I know I'm a sophisticated writer, but my reply above is not that aloof. :rolleyes:

Google Chef Ramsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

gbee wrote: »
    What WHA?

I know I'm a sophisticated writer, but my reply above is not that aloof. :rolleyes:

Google Chef Ramsey

Ya ok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I've had lunch there quite a few times and the standard of food and service are great.

I reckon you just got it on a bad night.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd have to agree.
    Been there a few times myself and found the service good and food really nice.
    Give it another chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Just been to the one in town - by the Elysian - and I found it really good.

Advertisement