Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PIXMANIA

• 31-12-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭

im planning on buying a digital camera on pixmania and want to know if anyone here has bought stuff of it. is it a safe place to buy stuff, had planned on buying it in argos but all local stores are out of stock and they dont ship stuff between stores:confused: and pixmania have good deals on camera im lookin for. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Bought several items from pixmania and haven't had an ounce of trouble yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Bought a set of headphones and had no problems either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Do a bit of a search for Pixmania on boards and you'll hear a variety of complaints and compliments. I've bought a few items and had no problems, others have had nothing but problems time after time with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

They're owned by the same company that owns PC World and Currys

If that looks like a compliment, or a criticism, take it as such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

The first time I tried to buy from them they really pissed me off.

I was trying to purchase a camera body, 4 lenses, a tripod, and a few other items.

The purchase was over €1,000 so they told me I had to fax them 2 identity documents and a copy of a bank statement that had my name and current address on them.

I did this FOUR TIMES, and each time they told me they never received it and that I'd have to do it again.

The operators I deal with were all annoying pricks, and with the last one, after she told me I'd have to fax the documentation in again, I ended up saying, "No. Instead I can tell you to cancel the )"£$(*£$)'ing order and then to )(*£"$(£ off!"
    She was efficient as I received the order cancellation within minutes.. although it was several weeks of ringing them regularly again before the purchase amount was refunded to my credit card.

I've not had a problem again since then, but I've never tried making another purchase over €1.000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

There will always be good and bad stories about online retailers. My mates use them all the time and love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

they seem to have a bad rep but i have bought things from them without any issues at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Bought a car stereo from them, had an issue, so we were told to send it back for a 14 day turn around. 2 weeks later nothing. Got in contact, were told it was on it's way. Took 2 months (61 days) to finally get back to us.

An utter joke of a company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Heebie wrote: »
    The purchase was over €1,000 so they told me I had to fax them 2 identity documents and a copy of a bank statement that had my name and current address on them.

Wait...you had to jump through that many hoops for the priviledge of buying a thousand euro worth of equipment? My response would have been to go **** themselves I'm shopping somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Zillah wrote: »
    Wait...you had to jump through that many hoops for the priviledge of buying a thousand euro worth of equipment? My response would have been to go **** themselves I'm shopping somewhere else.

I bought gear that cost €1,150 about 10 weeks ago. Never had any hassle. Just paid online. Spoke to nobody and tracked my order online. Boxes arrived within 4 days of purchasing and my camera is top notch.

Personally couldn't fault them. Each will have their own tale to tell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Yes, and that's what I did. I ended up spending slightly more to buy it all at Warehouse Express in the UK instead. I had ordered it all in time to get it from Pixmania to bring with me on a holiday so I could take some photos, but I ended up having to keep shooting on my older kit for that holidays because after all the run-around from Pixmania, Warehouse Express wasn't going to get it to me in time to bring it with me on the trip.
    I was a bit miffed.
    Zillah wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

They're owned by the same company that owns PC World and Currys

If that looks like a compliment, or a criticism, take it as such

Wow, I never knew this.. it would explain their lack of customer service lol

I have used PIXMANIA many times, always a few days later in delivering than you are told and no problems with the products.. All I hear is the return process is a nightmare, but I would Never let that put you off dealing with them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭lolie

just to say i decided to order the camera with pixmania and all worked out well. took exactly one week to come. no complaints so far, came with a two pin plug but also an adapter for the plug so it works ok.

Advertisement