Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best letting agency in Dublin

Options
  • 31-12-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We have previously let out a house in Dublin but did not go through a letting agency. The tenants destroyed the house and when we got them to leave the neighbours told us many tales of their antics. (I know they should have contacted us when all these were happening ).
    We have to let this house in the near future and I think we should go through an agency. Has anyone used an agency and would they recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

kilbride-auctioneers would be great for a landlord /NOT FOR A TENANT

they tell you whatever you want to hear about getting stuff repaired,then nothing happens.........absolutely nothing !

i was so pissed off i broke my lease and moved out early after almost a year of being promised that repairs would be carried out in / the next few days / when we get a chance / as soon as possible / we are on it / its ordered coming soon etc etc

they still hadnt managed to fix the problems 11 months later

i must have phoned them 25 times about something needing repaired until i got so sick of it i went into the office and threw the keys on their table and told them they can keep it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Theres lots of bad letting agents too. They are no protection from a bad tenant either. Many will just leave you to deal with it. They aren't always the answer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if you neighbours had let you know and it woud have been in their interest aswell as yours, you could have done something about it. I think when you meet people you get an immediate impression of what they are like. Make sure they have references and jobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

dubinlettings.ie terrible have never dealt with a good agency tbh they all seem to be on their own side wanting their commission doesnt do LL or tenant any good

I can't give advice on good ones I'm afraid, but I do strongly suggest that you avoid DNG lettings like the plague. I have never dealt with such unprofessional people who were completely unable to communicate within their own branch let alone with their clients!

Such a pity too as their Dun Laoghaire sales branch are fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

donner_dub wrote: »
    We have previously let out a house in Dublin but did not go through a letting agency. The tenants destroyed the house and when we got them to leave the neighbours told us many tales of their antics. (I know they should have contacted us when all these were happening ).
    We have to let this house in the near future and I think we should go through an agency. Has anyone used an agency and would they recommend?

Hi Donner Dub

I am studying with the IPAV and there are estate agents from all over the country in the class. If you send me a private message then I should be able to recommend someone good

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badinfleunce

Has anyone used www.lettingsagent.ie before? I have a property to let at the moment and may be moving abroad so will need a letting agent. Saw these guys on google and am considering using them. Wondered had anyone dealt with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 proto123

I, too, have had a dreadful experience with DublinLettings.com. I'll never deal with them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement