Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Xperia X8 won't turn on!

Options
  • 31-12-2010 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Ok, so I dropped my phone from a height of about 2 feet today. The back came off and the battery fell out. I put the battery back in and turned on the phone. It vibrated signalling it was turning on, then the backlight came on, then the backlight switched off, and that was it. Now the backlight turns on and off periodically. I can't do anything with it. It won't connect to the computer or charge.

I've only had the phone for 4 days. There's no wear and tear damage and no scratches or bumps from the fall.

I've tried the software update, but that didn't work.

I'm wondering is there a way to fix it?
    Do I just leave turn on & off till it sorts itself out?

Considering the small height and the short time I've had the phone, would I be entitled to a refund, replacement or repair from Sony Ericsson or from The Carphone Warehouse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

glenb94 wrote: »
    Considering the small height and the short time I've had the phone, would I be entitled to a refund, replacement or repair from Sony Ericsson or from The Carphone Warehouse?

Not really no, you dropped it so it's not a manufacturer's fault. But if you go back in and don't tell them that you might get a swap out or at least a repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 glenb94

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    But if you go back in and don't tell them that you might get a swap out

Wow. It worked. The Carphone Warehouse people were real helpful & didn't ask much. Thanks a mil' for the tip. I'll try not to drop it next time. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Keep all apps and wifi turned off... seriously eats the battery on that thing...
    and the keyboard is a POS...

Advertisement