Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky plus offers?

• 31-12-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I am a sky customer & want to get Sky plus. Just got off the phone there to sky & they want me to pay €150 to get this. My neighbour got hers for free as a new customer & a special rate for a few months.
    I rang UPC & they're offering it for a €10 euro installation charge! The only thing is they don't have all the channels I currently have but for 5 euro extra a month I can get them.
    Anyone know any deals or ways to get a plus box without getting robbed by the price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Upgrade to Sky HD and the box is free, €15 extra a month for HD pack. Without HD the cost of the box rises hence the €150 price.

All offers are geared to new customers however I've heard of a few cases of people upgrading to HD and only paying €5 per month along with a free box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Cancel sky, you'll get a different answer from them then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

Try to get through to their Scotand centre and not the one in Cork.
    You will get a better deal from the Scots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

I rang them 4 weeks back said I was canceling. They offered a free +HD box and free instalation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes i wouldnt worry about cancelling, as you'll have to give 30 days notice. U can always sign up using a different name/phone number as a new customer to get the good deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

zerks wrote: »
    however I've heard of a few cases of people upgrading to HD and only paying €5 per month along with a free box.

This is the offer they were doing before christmas, I signed up to get it. BUT, I did get a letter saying I will be paying €106.00 per monthe for Sky HD plus Multiroom. Under the offer it should be €96.00, €76 Sky world pack, €15 for the multiroom and €15 for the HD. When I rang gtghem they said it was €10.00 for the multiroom and €10.00 for the HD, total of €96.00. I am going to call the Irish office tomorrow and try and get it sorted properly, I might be able to swindle them into €76.00 for the world pack, €10.00 for multiroom & €5.00 for the HD, which will mean I will be paying the same for what I had, but now having Sky HD+ and sky+ as multiroom instead of normal Digibox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

but if you get multiroom and the hd pack? you only have your hd channels on one tv

you would have to take out a second hd pack subscription to gain your hd channels on both tvs?

thats how i understand it?

snaps wrote: »
    Cancel sky, you'll get a different answer from them then!!

This is spot on.

Threaten to cancel, they will do thier damnest to keep you.

Advertisement