Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The day Sligo put soul back into Irish sport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

great year for sligo always had a soft spot for them when it come to league of ireland football. im backing them to bring home the league next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Yep great year for them. great to watch too. Was reading that they've managed to keep most of the squad from last year. They would be a good shout for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

indeed, a breath of fresh air. a club, run relatively well, if not very well, no prima donnas, just lads who want to play football.

when does the season kick off again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

indeed, a breath of fresh air. a club, run relatively well, if not very well, no prima donnas, just lads who want to play football.

Friday 4th March. We wont feel it coming. Roll on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Joey Ndo to both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

bohsman wrote: »
    Joey Ndo to both.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Source?

Most League of Ireland fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Most League of Ireland fans.

Fantastic answer, almost as credible as the initial libellous post.

Please supply a link to the results of the survey of the League of Ireland fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

About to click, then realised the link was the Indo :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

a club, run relatively well, if not very well,

Lol

They've been great to watch though and Cooke is a great manager.

• Advertisement

Source?

Are you claiming the Sligo havent had to beg players to leave over the last few years due to massive money problems? Im a massive fan of Ndo but primadonna he is. Dont forget the Turner case either, promised big money then couldnt pay up.

Fantastic answer, almost as credible as the initial libellous post.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Are you claiming the Sligo havent had to beg players to leave over the last few years due to massive money problems? Im a massive fan of Ndo but primadonna he is. Dont forget the Turner case either, promised big money then couldnt pay up.

thats bull -s**t.

He decided he wanted to play for shams after he had signed for us - we dont keep players who dont want to play for us so turner returned his signing on fee and we all moved on.

Tell me one of these players who was begged to leave because that has not happened during cooks reign as manager

Anto Murphy

Did Cook also not threaten to leave if he wasnt given a bigger budget recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Anto murphy left because he wanted to move back to dublin, nobody asked any player to leave sligo for financial reasons.
    I cant believe i am arguing the case for a well run club with a bohs fan.
    Happy new year.

Sligored wrote: »
    Anto murphy left because he wanted to move back to dublin, nobody asked any player to leave sligo for financial reasons.
    I cant believe i am arguing the case for a well run club with a bohs fan.
    Happy new year.

Nope, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Murphy_%28footballer%29

Happy new year, I do like Sligo and Cook in general btw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Most Any League of Ireland fans.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ahh LOI fans doesnt get much bitter/high ground than them.

Fair play sligo altho from my own pov dont understand how they beat us we were better then tgem in every game we played. :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Nope, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Murphy_%28footballer%29

Happy new year, I do like Sligo and Cook in general btw
    wikipedia is not a reliable source.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Not to mention having an amateur set up at their ground handing out raffle tickets as your ticket and giving very dodgy attendance figures to keep a few quid for themselves.

Big fan of their play though and i'd love them to be stable off the pitch as they've great potential in terms of fan base and squad/manager. Love the trip there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What a ****ing stupid headline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Not to mention having an amateur set up at their ground handing out raffle tickets as your ticket and giving very dodgy attendance figures to keep a few quid for themselves.

Big fan of their play though and i'd love them to be stable off the pitch as they've great potential in terms of fan base and squad/manager. Love the trip there too.

Thats pretty much it. Don't mistake a decent footballing side with a well run football club. From nakedly trying to pull a fast one on Turner, to shenenegans in terms of cup attendances, to even managing to get the Setanta cup draw wrong on their website, they are a badly run outfit, and after Bohs, the biggest chancers left in the league. I hope they sort it out before they are made to by the FAI as they have the potential to become a force in the medium term, so long as they don't go pop.

CiaranC wrote: »
    What a ****ing stupid headline

Fairs fair, great press for the league. A barstooler telling the world that the LoI is now ahead of the Gah and egg chasers in terms of product. It all helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A barstooler telling the world that the LoI is now ahead of the Gah and egg chasers in terms of product. It all helps.

batsignal.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Joey Ndo to both.

Joey has been great for us no prima donna stuff at all

stovelid wrote: »
    batsignal.png

wonder.jpg

gustavo wrote: »

Im a big fan, was great to see him come over to the Bohs fans after the cup semi aswell but he goes missing in games a fair bit (who doesnt obv) and wont be on miniscule wages. That said if we could have held onto Ndo and O'Donnell instead of signing those 7 wasters last season it would have strengthened us massively.

gustavo wrote: »

Fair play. Whether its Cooke being able to handle him or Ndo growing up, or both, you are the first of his 5 Irish clubs not to report him being a bit of a diva.

• Advertisement
Advertisement