Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ian Beale likes his Photography

• 31-12-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

Well, ok, not Ian the character, but his real life counterpart Adam Woodyatt:

http://www.adamwoodyatt.com/

Who knew? Not me anyhow.

Some very nice stuff on there too. Some of it very impressive actually.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

That's actually really interesting! Learn something new every day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'd love to know what he charges. He says in his info that every job is unique, therefore he doesn't supply a price list. This could be said by any photographer really. I mean if his prices are around the norm for a pro, he could possibly get loads of Eastenders fans just hiring him for the sake of it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

You would think he would make enough money as the only original Eastenders castmember

I would say he's doing this more for the love of it. He's entered loads of competitions which I doubt have cash prizes, just merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Never knew that either and some very good shots on there, fair play.

the_monkey wrote: »
    You would think he would make enough money as the only original Eastenders castmember

Don't think its about the money and is'nt Dot Cotton an origional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

the_monkey wrote: »

I would have thought so, some of the stuff is ok but some is not up to scratch. The Architectural gallery should be deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Good to see but the website is really really annoying.

The music is really annoying and the site is a bit fiddly alright. Looks like it's only new as there's not a whole lot of content, must keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

wow. well that gets my vote for one of the most annoying websites i've ever wasted 5 mins on... flash, musack, and i have a pet peeve with people who use the term 'digital photographer' to describe themselves. i find the shots themselves nothing special, but sheep will probaly flock to him for the perceived jeremy kyle-style kudos of getting a tv actor's photos on their wall. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

Some nasty looking post production in the architecture section. Like a graduated filter pulling down from the top half that looks really out of place.

other than that, i kinda like the site, its really simple although id prefer to have the volume controls more visible and for that percentage counter not to show up after every shot, or at least be somewhere less intrusive. Some nice pics on there too. :)

• Advertisement

First thing I did was mute the sound. It's really not hard to navigate, it is pretty clean and simple, but having to load each and every image is a pain.

I wonder are those heavily critiquing doing so because he's an actor? Would you feel the same if it was a random unknown? Because I see very little wrong with most of his images. But feel free to nit-pick away, I don't even like Ian Beale :D in fact, I hate Eastenders with a passion! He is the last one off that show I'd have expected to be into photography though.

First thing I did was mute the sound. It's really not hard to navigate, it is pretty clean and simple, but having to load each and every image is a pain.

I wonder are those heavily critiquing doing so because he's an actor? Would you feel the same if it was a random unknown? Because I see very little wrong with most of his images. But feel free to nit-pick away, I don't even like Ian Beale :D in fact, I hate Eastenders with a passion! He is the last one off that show I'd have expected to be into photography though.

It could just be because some of them are really sh*te. While some of his photos aren't too bad, as Borderfox mentioned the ones in the architectural section are stupendously awful.

Now you're over exaggerating. None of them are "sh*te". If they were posted here by your average member people would be thanking them left right and centre, I've no doubt.

This isn't a C&C thread :P I was just amused that Ian Beale of all people considers himself a pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Now you're over exaggerating. None of them are "sh*te". If they were posted here by your average member people would be thanking them left right and centre, I've no doubt.

This isn't a C&C thread :P I was just amused that Ian Beale of all people considers himself a pro.

My two cents. It's a pity we DIDN't know who it was. Maybe we'd have a different outlook?

That website is chronic. I'd log off it straight away normally. Incredibly boring.

Mind if I ask what precisely is wrong with the architectural shots? (On my monitor they look like some of bad HDR).

BTW - Happy New Year to everyone. And thanks for all your help in 2010.;)

Just looked at the architecture thread there now and I see two images that I think are ok (one in a hallway, where you can see that glass cock-shaped building out the window, and another in an office with a load of chairs at a table).

Everything in the folder looks like it's been heavily HDR'ed though? They all look like they were taken in the same building, too.

I wouldn't like to be a photographer after being an actor for so long. Photography can be frustrating at the best of times, and if you feck up a job it can be disheartening enough, without having to think "oh no, I made a jock of covering that event, I'll be reading about this in the Sun"

I think he'd be best to just take photos for the fun of it, and set up an online shop. If people like his stuff, the option to buy is there. If they don't then no harm done. I'd hate to have Ian Beale ruin my wedding.

He'd be easy beat up though :D

Yeah, the architecture ones do look HDR, there is one I like, the real orange one, even though it's heavily processed. The bluer toned ones are too cold.

Fair play to him, he's giving it a go, who are we to knock? He's no different to any of us in this field really, only he does push himself as full on pro.

Anyway, Happy new year all, I've popped a bottle and this will be my final input on here for this year. It's also my birthday, can't believe I'm 25 already! :P

Have a good one, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

His architecture stuff is bad HDR. Some portraits are good while most are plain and boring. None of his other stuff really strikes me. Not bashing him because he's famous.

It is only a selection of 50 photos max that we see. So its hard to judge. Personally I'm not overly impressed. Not bad, not great.

I don't feel I am exaggerating. As has been mentioned by myself and some others here the architecture photos are way to overcooked with HDR. If they had been posted here by regular Joe Soaps they would garner 'some' thanks but certainly not in any quantity. In all honesty they aren't photographs, a digital image perhaps but certainly not a photo.

As I said it's great to see that he's into photography and as Pete said we can only see a limited selection of photos. Some are good, some aren't and in my opinion the architecture ones are just awful.

Aye, have a drink and don't lose sleep over it. Ian Beale likes his photography ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I've not checked his stuff out but read rest of the thread, it certainly should make good viewingt omorrow, esp since I remember when Bealse was spotty little kid in Eastenders back in '85 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Borderfox wrote: »
    The Architectural gallery should be deleted
    MY EYES!
    MY PRECIOUS EYES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I liked most of his portraits and especially the framing of them.
    The few sports ones were not bad either.
    Places and Architectural are not really my types of Photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Mjollnir

Borderfox wrote: »
    I would have thought so, some of the stuff is ok but some is not up to scratch. The Architectural gallery should be deleted

I liked the first one, but after than it was a descent into HDR Hell.

That, and people who have embedded sound files at their sites are Agents of Turdesence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I don't find his stuff that interesting regardless of who he is.

I only found it interesting because it was Ian Beale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have to admit I was pleasently surprised by some of the pics and in all he aint bad at all is he, the ladscape shots are mainly great, one or two I would have no interest in but other than that quite good.

I laughed though whe I realised Ia Beale was bitten by the hdr bug, the architecture sectio is quite a no no for me!

He's a little late with the HDR, that was huge 2 years back, now it's hated in general. Sure, some people still have a soft spot for it, but they still never know when to ease up on those sliders.

His landscape and portrait work is fine.

Advertisement