Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 31-12-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

A thread to divulge your highlights and low points of the year gone by.

Overall mine was pretty mundane. Went through the usual 'jeez I haven't a clue what I'm doing with my life' torment but there were a few good things to counterbalance matters.

January to April was a bit of a torture for one reason or another, though I passed all my exams and even ended up getting an A overall in one subject which was pretty nice.

The four months I had for summer holidays were just plain dull. I was jobless and relied on sporadic nights out and shows like The Wire and Dexter for entertainment. Went to one music festival which was a bit of a disaster.

Autumn to now: Not as boring as the summer and although I don't have much affection for my course college life >>> home life. Moved into a house with five friends and that's led to lots of japery.

Highlights in a nutshell: College; the Rich Hall / Dinosaur Jr gigs I went to; That time I found a missing Freddo behind my cupboard - delightful moment.

Low points: My sustained apathy to the things on my course; full summer of boredom; the general banality of everyday life (:P).

So aye, hopefully the rest of you experienced a more lively, happier year. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

January to June were great. End of 6th year, easily the best year of school! Had so much fun with such great people! Passed my driving test too.

This summer was excellent! Didn't do a lot but just 'chilling' with friends was excellent. Was nervous about going to college, but once I got there, I realise I loved it. I love my course, love UCD, love living in Dublin, love the people in my course and people from other courses I've gotten to know!

I'll be happy if 2011 is anything as good as 2010 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I became short-sighted somehow. Not a great year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mine has probably been my worst year so far.

If I think back I can't think of many things which were brilliant (Except finding C&H 'cos like you guys keep me sane, particularly the IRCers and the people on MSN!, but just everyone here really! :)).

But yeah so many people who I was close to died and all my RL friends group split up and don't talk anymore and schools crap and everything pretty much!

Bring on 2011, tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

When I think about it alot has happened. I've said goodbye to many gammy people and replaced them with others who appreciate the friendship genuinely . Things have changed alot, with difficulty, but for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Regarding the netz, I got to meet some preety awesome peeps this year irl and through the netz (ye know who ye are!!). And is it sad that I've actually had some of my funniest memories with people on here that I actually haven't met yet (yea, it probs is but meh, WHO CARRRESS!:P).

Ah, irl it was a grand aul year. Met some amazing people, got closer to others than I would have been previously. And shur, twas graaand. I'm hoping 2011 will be even better though!

Low points, oh god (as i write this I can hear the titanic music where people are dying downstairs...) so many. People close to me passing away, me having a couple of crappy events happening to me.

But hey, that's life.

Roll on 2011 baaaiiii! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

It's been a year of contrast for me. From January to June the Leaving Cert suspended above me, it was rigorous, taxing and most of all anti climatic. However, my friends made the experience all the more bearable and fun. Summer was excellent, highlights include a tasteful Oxegen, beach parties, and lots of eargasmic music in general.
    Then September came around, the challenge of going to Dublin without knowing a single person. It was clearly the best decision i have ever made. I have become so much more independent, and met the most amazing, interesting and different individuals. The difference between my secondary school and UCD was absolutely astonishing, but it made college seem more of an adventure and enjoyable.
    I really look forward to 2011 and wonder what lays ahead!! :D Wishing everyone a prosperous and optimistic 2011!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

January to June was kinda boring for me, end of 5th year which was a meh aul year. The year got kinda interesting from the summer, I got my first job which was at first awesome. Then I realised work is kinda hard...you have to work like. Looking back I'd say I wasn't mature enough at the time for it, but it defo made me grow up a bit (I'm still working btw :P).

Summer 2010 was pretty cool. Had a thing going with a girl over the summer, it was really awkward but after like 4000 months of courting we're finally going out and it's probably the best relationship I've been in so far. Happened at her debs, which was definitely a memorable highlight of this year. The summer wasn't boring and I made LOOOOADSA money (which by now has been fairly decimated) and had some mad craicz.

Entering 6th year was an anti-climax. Nothing dramatic happens, it's like going back any other year. But 6th year has been the best school year so far definitely. My class is more mature and we all get along pretty well and have da craic. I actually don't mind going into school anymore, I nearly prefer it to being at home doin' nothing. The only problem is getting up early. <_<

I'd say this year has been a pretty positive year overall, especially in regard to getting over my constant worrying and just angst. I feel a lot more chilled and confident these days. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I've had a good year on balance. I'm doing well in college etc. Did loads over the summer and had a great time then too. On the downside with Schols exams I decided to concentrate on study and forget the gym. For someone who used to train 15 hours a week I've fallen quite a long way... Also the studying for exams isn't going too well. It's looking like the meaning of the word japery is the last thing I'll learn this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Well.. January to the Summer were preettty good, had mighty craic in school and actually enjoyed going in. Gotta say, I loved 6th year. Had some mighty nights out aswell..

Summer was good enough I suppose, I was jobless and drunk most of the time :) Oxegen was good when I look back at it but I remember wanting to cry most of the time coz I was so tired and sick of the rain :( Got my leaving cert results which was an ok day.. happy with some.. upset with other results but tbh I got my course which is the main thing. Those cool guys on MSN :) may remember the moment I found out that I had actually got into UCC. That was possibly my highlight of the year :) or else dancing to the Black Eyed Peas in the lashing rain at Oxegen..

September to now.. College. UCC. Arts. Moved out of home which at first I hated with a passion but now I absolutley LOVE! Made some good friends and got to know people I already knew a bit better.. also lost some friends due to them moving away..not keeping in contact :( Made lots of memories aswell :)

Highs of 2010: 6th Year, CAO acceptance, College, Meeting new people.
    Lows of 2010: Not keeping in contact with some people.. :( Being jobless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

January to March - shít
    April - pretty good
    May - shít (exams)
    June - probably the best month of my life so far :)
    July and August - really good
    September - brilliant
    October - meh
    November - not so good (with a brief Paul Banks-shaped respite at the end of the month)
    December - probably the worst month of my life so far. :(

So yeah.....very much up and down, I'd have to say.

Highlights:
    Going to Geneva in April and seeing CERN
    Passing my exams in June when I was certain of failure
    Feeling the effects of anti-depressants beginning to work and being happier/more positive
    Being in my first proper relationship
    Electric Picnic
    Interpol in November
    WAGNER!!! :D

Lowlights:
    Getting beaten up and robbed in January, and having my wallet, phone and watch all stolen.
    Doing shít in my exams (passing them was great but I'm left with a mountain to climb to try and get a good enough degree to do a Masters)
    Unemployment (yet again)
    Feeling the effects of anti-depressants begin to wear off and becoming more negative/sadder again.
    The end of aforementioned relationship

So yeah.......real mixed bag there. Overall I guess 2010 was better than 2009. But I hope 2011 is a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

2010...wow, that went by fairly fast. It was a really up-and-down year.

January - March were probably the worst few months of my life actually. It felt like everything was going wrong all at once. Saying that, I had some of my best memories through those months so it wasn't overly terrible in fairness.

At the end of March things picked up a lot, they stayed going consistently well, with a few downs and snags, throughout the year. I went to France with school and because of the group that was going, I was a bit meh about it, but I ended up having a good time and making a good friend out of it, so it all worked out OK.

Then in May, things were very very good, it had a low point in there but 'twas grand. Finished school, had something going on with a lad and it was alright, bit messy and it ended bad but I'm glad it happened and I've learned a lot from it...err yeah.

Summer was really really good, my best ever. I just managed to keep busy and fairly happy, I have a load of good memories from it that make me smile now. And I went to London, which was pretty cool.

September-December...it hasn't been amazing, it hasn't been bad either. I've just been ticking away, fairly OK. I've been distanced from some friends, one who played a major part in my savage summer in particular, which kinda sucks but I'm hoping to get that back on track...but I've become better friends with pretty cool people, and I've become really close to this one friend I know I can (and have done) tell everything and anything to, which is pretty nice. And everything that made my year pretty awful at the start has all been resolved pretty much, so I kinda got a clean slate.

It actually wasn't too bad looking at that, I guess it was alright. Not the best of my life, but s'graaand sure. It's in the past now, and I suppose it's time to look to the future and make this year as good as I can. I swear, I'm going to give this 'trying to be more optimistic' thing a proper go and stop worrying so much about everything...

Happy new year everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Highlights

- Starting to like my course a lot and figuring out what I want to do.

- Cycling to Galway.

- Getting to know people in my course.

- Figuring out the right balance between studying and hanging out with people.

- Still being with my brilliant girlfriend for the entire of 2010.

- Starting writing for the paper in college.

- Getting involved in Science and Comedy soc.

- Electric Picnic.

- My birthday.

- Seeing my best friends being happy about stuffs.

Low Points

- Having to deal with having some incredibly frustrating, selfish and immature people being around me from time to time.

- Course dilemmas (Just need to stop thinking about it)

- Losing proper contact with people.

- My job in general.

- The whole failing thing is a bit ****.

- Seeing my best friends being sad in any capacity.

- The Sheer length of the summer.

- A few friends changing beyond all recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CandyFromABaby

Wow....2010 was a majorly crap year for me, easily the worst of my life so far and I sincerely hope I never experience another like it. EVER.

- My problems centred mainly around college, which is kinda funny cos I went into it really quite positive about all things academic. It was my final year and I suppose I should have noticed things were wrong when I had to cut short my Xmas break and return to college to finish my project lab work cos my absolute C*NT of a supervisor had neglected me for the three previous months when I should have been getting good results in the lab. So that put me off kilter for the semester and the stress of dealing with him and getting f*ck all help from my department/other lecturers meant that I did waay worse than I deserved to in it. Also made me completely lose confidence in all the plans I had made for after college (was dead set on a PhD) and I ended up not applying for different things I realise now I should have. I guess I just completely lost all confidence in my academic ability.

- Was also accused of something pretty major last Xmas and was pretty shocked at the side of the argument a lot of my so-called friends took...guess these things are how you find out who you're real friends are though! I've since cut those assh*les from my life.

- Another major low was failing an exam and having to chase after the Uni to see when I could retake it and for a while not knowing if I'd be able to graduate with my class.

- Finally we come to me being at home after 4 yrs of living independently, living with my parents, and unemployed which I find really hard to deal with because I've never been in a situation before where I had no job and it makes me feel really really useless, especially when a qualified graduate gets told "We're sorry but your skills do not match our requirements" when you apply for a job washing dishes like!!

-I suppose there have been a few positives, mostly getting my Honours degree (which at one point seemed impossible), getting to graduate with my class and finally having some work experience lined up for next yr (unpaid but hey!, it's a start).

-Took up Taekwondo which I completely and utterly love and wish I had discovered long ago. Got the yellow belt just before xmas. Hoping to double grade again at the next grading too. :D Getting fitter, joining the gym and spending a lot more time working on myself and making me happy.

-Finally took the leap and stumped up what was remaining of my summer work money and bought a proper pro digital camera..gonna work on my photography this year big time.

-Reconnected with an old friend that I stupidly didnt make time for when I was drowning in college work and misery from Jan-Jun. I had forgotten just how much we have in common and how easy it is just to be me around him. :)

In summary I really hope 2011 will be kinder and more eventful in a positive way. Happy New Year to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Highs:
    • getting over someone who was basically ruining my life
    • getting my course
    • realising that I actually love my course
    • becoming more certain about what I want to do and having more confidence in myself, which increases the slim chances that my plans will work out
    • being happier in myself in general
    • meeting some of the best people ever through college, including one of my friends who I know is definitely going to be a friend for life
    • going well in an essay when I was convinced I'd fail. Getting praise and encouragement as a result of that
    • cutting lots of toxic people out of my life and having the strength to do so
    • "intellectual sex" (:pac:) with my favourite person ever! <3
    Lows:
    • the Leaving Cert
    • being fragile both emotionally and mentally for much of the year
    • being sick so much
    • fighting with my family so much
    • the start of the year in general and summer
    • people betraying my trust
    • falling for someone I can never have
    I'm probably leaving out some milestones but whatever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Highs:
    - Still being with my boyfriend, making it two years so far.
    - Pukkelpop in August
    - The canaries in June with my boyfriend
    - Getting a new job in the Aviva stadium, while it can be demoralising and hard work, it's nice to have some money again, and I've met a few great people from it.
    - Some great times with my friends.

Lows:
    -College, I still absolutely detest it. I hate the course, I hate UCD and I know barely anyone. I want to get away from the place ASAP.
    -My best friend completely changing, becoming a total hypocrite, and ditching everyone for her boyfriend. I haven't seen her since May. We used to talk constantly and see each other every few days.
    - Learning that certain suspicions I had about why my parents split up were true, and trying to deal with that, then finding out that I have to go to my Dad's wedding in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

The first half of this year was sort of a blur, I'm having difficulty remembering it. I wasn't very happy... my course was really getting me down and my attendance got worse and worse. I had already dropped out of one course after being crushed under the weight of it, and I had promised myself that I wouldn't let the same thing happen again... but it did. I felt awful about where I was going in life, about myself, and I would rather hide somewhere than think about sitting through lectures. I tried to put things right on the better days, but the guilt of missing so many lectures often made it impossibly hard to face going back.

Things weren't so good outside of my course, either. I felt like I was regressing socially, I was finding it harder to talk to people or to be open with friends without everything feeling weird and stilted again. Probably because I was feeling down and so ashamed of myself for being a screw-up, I suppose.

A lot of my spare time was being used up by making posters for college society events, which was really fun. I loved designing them and it was probably the main thing I enjoyed about that year, it made me feel good about myself. I got asked to make some posters for a college election, which was really flattering, but I felt a bit used by the end of it, really. It was extremely time consuming, and I had to print hundreds of posters and flyers and pay for them using my own money. It was, well, a very large sum by my bank account's standards. I was told I'd be reimbursed and paid for helping out, but nothing ever came of it afterwards... which was sort of... well, if I disliked student politics before, I now felt robbed by it. :(

I did really badly in the summer exams and had to repeat a third of my modules. Pretty horrible, but I was glad to get away from college for a while and things did pick up a lot for me at that stage!

Firstly, KnifeWRENCH introduced me to Boards! Well, he actually got me to sign up during the study month, but I didn't get around to posting here properly until the start of the summer. Such a great experience! I've posted on a few forums before, but I've never found anywhere where it's so easy to talk about any topic, no matter how personal. There's a friendly, respectful, close-knit kind of atmosphere here, and even though I've been a bit shy with my posting I've enjoyed reading about and talking to people here very much. Ye're a grand aul' lot, lads! :D And thanks for insisting that I try posting, Sir Wrench. I wouldn't have done so without your suggestion, and though we've known each other since the start of our course, I think I know you a lot better and am much closer to you as a friend since I started reading your posts here. :)

Another great thing that happened to me during the summer was going to counselling sessions. They're free, I had been considering them for a while, and my girlfriend encouraged me into trying them, so, I did! Initially it was extremely awkward and we spent ages discussing things that didn't... er, matter, but the sessions gradually became more insightful and in-depth as we got to know each other. Half a year on I can see that it's really stood to me, I can see what problems I have more coherently, and I'm more prepared to deal with them. Plus, it was such a relief to get some things off my chest... apparently allowing repressed thoughts to fester and corrode away at the back of your mind for years and years is a pretty bad idea or something. :P

So, it was a great summer. I didn't do anything particularly exciting, but I was feeling happier. Spending a lot of time studying for repeats allowed me to get to know some other classmates a lot better, so even that was enjoyable. Better yet, we worked together and aced the repeat exams! I had a lot of free time after that, and spent a lot of it drawing which led to one of my highlights of the year... getting noticed by my favourite game developer! Felt ridiculously happy about that. Hmm, what else? I remember liking a friend's birthday party in August! Was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was pleasant, there was a bouncy castle, and for the first time that year I felt at ease and happy to be socialising the way I was.

Things have been a bit muddled again since I returned to college, but I feel like I've been dealing with things a lot better than before. It's the final year of my course, and 9 out of my 12 modules took place in the first term, but somehow I managed to hand in more assignments and attend more lectures than in any year before. I started an awesome, quirky final year project, and though I don't know how well I'll be marked for it, I'm proud that I got it to work. I also tried to be active in the new Art Soc, and went to lots of their events and got to know a whole lot of people in it. So, this term was really good for me! Hopefully I can keep it up next year, finish my degree, and move on to something new.

Alright, I think that's enough monstrous, unreadable posts for one year. 2010 had a reasonable helping of ups and downs, and hopefully next year will be awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Soccy didn't mention the arrival of One Direction into her life? :eek:

2010 has been a really, really good year :) Hope anyone that had a not so good year sees great improvement in 2011! :)

January to May was brilliant, college wise, so glad I took the optional year and made the most of the social life, makes up for the lack of one these last few months :P Passed all my exams with firsts in 2 of them, probably could have done better since it was basic science but it didn't count for the degree and I wouldn't change all our dossing for anything :P

Went to Paris with my boyfriend and Amsterdam with my class, both amazing trips.

The summer flew, main highlights being Oxegen and V Festival.

Biggest achievement of the year was starting driving lessons in July and passing my test in September :)

Nice bit of early house hunting over the summer got me and 5 friends a really nice house close to college.

The worst thing of 2011 was my boss being sick since March, for a relatively young man to be diagnosed with a very serious illness was a shock to everyone. He's doing well now but still unsure of the overall prognosis and won't be back to work for at least another few months.

As a result of this we all got much less work so money is a lot tighter than last year!

This semester has been a real shock to the system, failed some of my continuous assessments early on which made me cop on a bit but it was still a bad start.

Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

2010 has been okay I s'pose.

January-June was kinda meh. The highlight has to be finally getting out of my old class. We had some good times but There were about 6 people in it that I could have strangled (literally), 1 more so than the others. I was just so sick and tired of me and my friends being somewhat sneered at for being so "perfect" and "the teachers pet" and always getting better results than them. Being stared at every time I said something in any class was just starting to get to me. I's say that it's probably the reason why I've been so shy and just basically sat in the back of the classroom not bothering to say anything for fear that they'd make some smart comment. Teachers are always ssaying that I don't contribute but right now I'd jusst prefer to sit in the back and listen. If I 'd been in the class I'm in now since 1st year, I'd probs be a whole load more confident.

I only really started posting on boards properly this year and I feel like it's been my saviour at times, both C&H and the whole group of us that were in the JC forumn. I remember some very late night converstions there and one of the first being with deise_girl <3. Boards has really been my safe harbour this year.:)

Summer was alright I suppose. I did absolutely nothing (not that I do a whole lot now but hey). It was basically like torture after the 1st month.

September-Now. It has had it's downs when I totally regretted choosing to do TY but those feeling have came and gone when I put some serious thought into it. It's been mostly ups, with laughs, tears (most of them of joy) and a whole load of new friends. One of my best friends has moved away and I'm nowhere near as close to who once was my best friend and that really got me down for a while but I think now that it must have been for the best.

Overall it was and i wasn't a great year so 2011 better be better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Goodbye 2010,ya prck

Overall this year sucked something fierce.

pro's;
    Getting to know a lot more people and generally giving less of a shít about everything all the time allowing me to chill out and enjoy day-today stuff more.

Falling head over heels for a girl,was awesome for a little while.

Getting to do the nice things I've always wanted to;give blood,welfare,general nice-ness I was afraid to try for a while.

As weird as it sounds;failing my exams,in the long run it's a bit ghey having to pay for an extra year in college, but it helped prove a lot to myself and it cleared up a lot of doubt I had about myself.

Being a legal adult and being able to get into clubs normally.

LARPing in England,by far the most pathetically nerdy thing I've ever done in my life,but it was such good craic

having a good time without being drunk,never really happened until this year.

Con's
    oh,the con's

A long nasty bout of depression for most of the summer.Being fully and properly broken by all the shíte I have to put up with and wondering if I'd be better off to walk away from my life all together.

Spending the weekend of my 18th in my room feeling terrible about myself for being such a pathetic excuse for a man now I was 18

Being forced away from previously mentioned girl and then being epically shot down a while after finding out she met her boyfriend while I was being a tool.

Seeing just how horrible my story is when you see it written out.

Complaining a LOT in my blog,dear god I don't know why people put up with me.

Becoming a bit of an obsession for a girl I helped with her depression,now I just wish she'd F*ck off, yes I'm a douche but I did a lot for her and all she treats me as is a handbag.

Remaining almost exactly the same person I was 12 months ago despite all my efforts.

TL;DR 2010 glad it's over,amazed I survived it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Compared to 2009, especially January-September (ugh) twas grand like. 4th year was mind-numbingly boring at times, but looking back it had its epic moments, especially Paris which was the best few days I can remember. Got closer to a lot of awesome people but things have been a bit odd with a few of them since the start of fifth year. Going to London was probably the best part of my summer, as I love being anywhere that isn't Cork. Fifth year has been grand-ish so far, tbh I just can't wait to leave my school and I might at the end of the year so I'm not getting too bad over it. And it's going to sound super cheesy and up myself, but this is probably the first year I haven't felt completely unattractive all the time, for various reasons. S'nice I guess. Bleh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

2010 changed a lot.

The economy, the government and even the goddamn weather may have worsened but my life has gotten noticeably better.

I'd like to think that it all comes down to confidence though.

Back in 2009, I was practically socially retarded. In August of that year I started pushing what I thought were my limits further and further and by 2010 I was finally starting to realise that I've got places to go.
    So in January I didn't make any "resolution", I just walked into the year expecting nothing. In February, people started noticing things. People started noticing "Damn it, hold up a second, something is changing about this guy". In March, things were really going my way. I had friends, I had family. I was confident. Life was good.
    In April, things were building up to happiness. Instead I accidentally hit the most confusing and maddening experience of my life. I guess I was left with a bit of that confusion for May and quite a bit of June. That confusion did nothing to stop my Junior Cert. I had my confidence. I walked into the exams, I did the exams, I left the exams, I got six As. Job done. In the process, I walked onto boards.ie, I posted on boards.ie, I didn't leave boards.ie, and I got a jizzler nomination. Job done.

July was the return of my hopefulness. I got on the radio (for the first time of two this year), went to Irish College, enjoyed myself, came out of August with hope. Went into September with hope. With confidence.

Transition Year.. now that's something completely different.

The next three months of my life just played out well. I did everything in TY (like, everything.). Got myself back on the radio for another week. Got myself a debating team, became captain (other people trying to sign up for the team were surprised by my tryouts, asking "how are you so confident?". I guess that's just another sign. Be myself, but be confident in myself.). Got myself some better music on my MP3 player, learned a few more chords on my guitar (which broke last month. need to get a new one). Got myself a part in the school play. Got myself everything I could want for now.

2011, all I need to do is take every chance I get with a bit of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Highs-
    Getting 580 in my Leaving Cert
    Debating with the Hist on numerous occasions
    Taking up and growing to enjoy boxing
    College life in general
    Paintballing with maths/TP people
    Oxegen
    Getting together with my girlfriend
    Meeting many fascinating new people
    Leaving secondary school

Lows-
    Failing my boxing medical, leaving me unable to compete
    Fresher's week (from a "wtf was I thinking?" perspective)
    All the long, dull slog in the lead up to my Leaving Cert

In hindsight, that was an awesome year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Highs
    Doing way better in my leaving cert than myself or anyone else -bar my lovely biology teacher- thought I could.

Getting into Trinity

Moving to Dublin

Getting to know some really amazing people

Lows
    Leaving cert related stress

Falling out with some old friends

Just generally feeling a pretty worthless for most of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 a.maze

Highs;
    Chelsea winning the league and f.a cup
    Getting in to trinity
    Coming 1st in my category in the young scientist
    Making new friends
    passing the theory test
    picking up squash

Lows:
    HPAT- i don't know why i even sat it. I had no interest in medicine.
    Leaving my old friends after the leaving cert
    Thiery Henry and his infamous handball (was that this year?)
    And a few problems relating to rejection

All in all it was an okay year.

High Points
    • Boards
    • Gaeltacht in the summer
    • Back to college, realising how much I love it
    • Actually meeting new people
    • The right mix of old and new friends
    • Living in Dublin
    • Giving grinds - I really love helping people with maths
    All in all, a good year.

Low Points