Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where Are They Now?

• 31-12-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Might be interesting to do this again.

I was interested to see that Jérémie Aliadière (once touted as the next Thierry Henry) is without a club, but currently training with Middlesborough to regain match fitness. Never rated him, but at least would have thought he could have had a career playing professionally.

Also saw that Sean Thornton, the guy who used to play for Sunderland and who once looked like becoming an Irish regular is also without a club despite being at what should be his best footballing years. Someone once told me that his downfall was due to being too fond of the drinking, frequenting strip clubs and fighting at nightclubs.

Any other interesting "Where are they now's?".

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Jérémie Aliadière - he was in Pro Evo 6 on the PS2. I bought him once but he never really lit the place up. Irrelevent though really. I think I saw a thread like this before and someone mentioned some Dutch footballer who got involved in a drug smuggling operation and went on the run - where are they now indeed!

Keith O' Neill. Played for Ireland and Norwich. Where'd did he go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Francis Jeffers?

Probs among the worst signing ever, apparently playing in Australia now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Augmerson wrote: »

retired young if memory serves.....injury and finished at 'boro i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

O Neill did his groin in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Jérémie Aliadière - he was in Pro Evo 6 on the PS2. I bought him once but he never really lit the place up. Irrelevent though really. I think I saw a thread like this before and someone mentioned some Dutch footballer who got involved in a drug smuggling operation and went on the run - where are they now indeed!

Keith O Neill..... got this on Wiki

He was diagnosed at Coventry City with two degenerative bone conditions in his spine called spondylolisthesis and spondylosis, essentially a double fracture of part of the cord that threatens to turn him into a cripple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He was diagnosed at Coventry City with two degenerative bone conditions in his spine called spondylolisthesis and spondylosis, essentially a double fracture of part of the cord that threatens to turn him into a cripple.

Not who i was thinking off :confused:

Who the de feck did their groin in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

jesus mick mars from motley crue has that... it causes the spine to fuse together like concrete :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I think I saw a thread like this before and someone mentioned some Dutch footballer who got involved in a drug smuggling operation and went on the run - where are they now indeed!

Eddie Van Boxtel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I recently learned of a chap, Joel Kitamirike, who was always a regular in my CM4 team!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Kitamirike

Fresh back from a 20 month sentence for dealing crack. Jaysus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Eddie Van Boxtel?

That's the chap - The Wiki
    Eddie Van Boxtel (born August 4, 1973) is a Dutch-Irish former football goalkeeper.....

In February 2008, he appeared in Naas District Court in connection with the seizure of 10 million euro worth of cannabis in Co. Kildare

That's awful luck about Keith O' Neill. I remember him being talked about as a possible future star for Ireland :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement