Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gleneany House, Letterkenny - Closed.

Options
  • 31-12-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Heard today about the Gleneany House closing down.
    Shame about that. I haven't been in there in a few years, but it used to do a great steak!

Link to Donegal Democrat article.

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Bad times. Used to like eating there and the people working there were sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

I agree, It was handy for a drink ,while waiting for the Bus to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I wonder how much the snow before xmas effected this decision. A good xmas can sustain many service industries until march or April, but with the disgraceful state our roads were in for over a week, I'd wonder how much the council and NRA are to blame. Paul was obviously having a difficult year anyway, but the snow was the nail in the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i used to go there for dinner all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

It will be a big loss and I feel sorry for the people who have lost their jobs. Never a good time for this to happen but its just that wee bit harder to swallow at this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

muffler wrote: »
    It will be a big loss and I feel sorry for the people who have lost their jobs. Never a good time for this to happen but its just that wee bit harder to swallow at this time of year.
    +1.

Advertisement