Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New DEll Computer keeps crashing????

• 31-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I recently bought a dell computer inspiron zino HD and every month or so when on the internet it flashes blue then shuts down!!!!! Why is this happening orther than this i have no problems whatso ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hard to diagnose, first off how often does it happen? overheating from a fan not working or hardware compatibility could do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

To know what's wrong, we need to know what error message comes up when the screen goes blue. Windows is set by default to restart when one of those blue screens happen. You need to disable the restart so you can read the error message and diagnose what's happening.

To disable the automatic restart:
    Click on the Start menu, right-click on Computer and click on Properties.
    On the left-hand side click on Advanced system settings.
    In the window that pops up, click on the Advanced tab and under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings...
    Under System failure, uncheck the check box beside Automatically restart. Click OK and then OK again.

When the screen turns blue again you'll be able to read the error message and figure out what's gone wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

QWERTY234 wrote: »
    I recently bought a dell computer inspiron zino HD and every month or so when on the internet it flashes blue then shuts down!!!!! Why is this happening orther than this i have no problems whatso ever
    When it goes blue you need to know what the STOP code is, eg. STOP 0x000008086, etc.

Usually for new machines it just means you havent updated a driver or something. go to the dell support website and make sure you get all of the updates for your machine. if you need help navigating on the support website use their Chat Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 QWERTY234

It crashed again there.... it said a problem has been detected with windows

- Video scheduler has encountered an unexpected fatal error

- then something about crash dump??????

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Go to the Dell website and update your Video Driver.

On the same screen as the disable auto restart in the instructions you should have a drop down menu at the end make sure "Small Memory Dump is Selected", take note of the location once you do select it , its usually %windows%/Minidump

When it crashes again you should have a dump file saved in this folder.

If this option was already selected you should already have some dump files.

Upload the dump file and I will take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 QWERTY234

cheers thanks a million

It says: %systemroot%minidump

When i click on the dell website- then click on the video download it says: there are no file to downloads please go to drivers and downloads to select files. It is confusing me now ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Ok pm me your dell service tag so I can find out more about the graphics

Open my computer go to c: go to windows and go to minidump.

Upload the latest couple of files if there are any.

If not wait to see if it crashes again and then check.

Advertisement