Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its new year ! and there is no water... joke. 6days in glasnevin

Options
  • 31-12-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

what i can do ???? no water at all in glasnevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Did you check the Dublin City Council website for alerts?

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/

From the website:
    Tankers have been sent to the following locations today from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm and again on 1st January:

Artane Castle, Shopping Centre (Off Skellys lane), Coolock
    Lidl, St. Margaret’s Road

Northside Shopping Centre, Oscar Traynor Road

Church at Griffith Ave (between Philipsburgh Avenue and Malahide Rd, At St Mary’s College

Please bring your own containers if you are using one of the above facilities

I'd say get yourself to one of these tankers and fill up water bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Larianne wrote: »
    Did you check the Dublin City Council website for alerts?

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/

From the website:

I'd say get yourself to one of these tankers and fill up water bottles.

how does that help you have a shower?? Looking at the news, the water that was in those tankers looked far from clean, and these jokers want to bring in water charges.. sums up this country.. A joke..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Yeah. Its pretty frustrating at this stage. Whats worse is the complete lack of information available. Whats printed on the Dublincity website isnt accurate and should be ignored. If your lucky to get through to the phone lines they lie and fob you off. My mam has been on all week, it'll be on at 2, it'll be on at 4, we'll send someone over with a few gallons. I pity whoever they drafted in to answer the phones because they are taking an absolute hammering. 1000 angry phone calls a day. I don't know how they can handle it

Just tell us you cannot locate the burst pipe and until you can we wont have water. At least then we can plan for it, instead of this waiting around wondering when it will come back and knowing in the back of our head that it wont. They have been lying to us since the 26th

Was a bad day to go for a 3 hour cycle :( Where to shower, jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    how does that help you have a shower?? Looking at the news, the water that was in those tankers looked far from clean, and these jokers want to bring in water charges.. sums up this country.. A joke..

Boil the water in a kettle, put in a basin and use a cloth. Better than nothing.

Or you can use babywipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

im in glasnevin and we have restrictions but the water is on for a few hours during the day, enough to fill the tank in the attic. We also fill bottles and pans to use when the water is off. Was back on today from 1pm -6.30 pm (glasnevin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Strangely, I'm in glasnevin and our water hasn't been out at all over the entire time (*touch wood*), pressure has been low overnight though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Strangely, I'm in glasnevin and our water hasn't been out at all over the entire time (*touch wood*), pressure has been low overnight though

Same here down by the Bots - rumour has it that we're ok because we're near the hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

AdrianII wrote: »
    im in glasnevin and we have restrictions but the water is on for a few hours during the day, enough to fill the tank in the attic. We also fill bottles and pans to use when the water is off. Was back on today from 1pm -6.30 pm (glasnevin)
    same here (drumcondra), although there isnt even enough water to fill the tank :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

what i can do ???? no water at all in glasnevin
    did it come back on the first?
    it was the same for me, we probably live in the same place, pumps were broken in the complex it wasnt the DCC's fault

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Max Power1 wrote: »
    same here (drumcondra), although there isnt even enough water to fill the tank :(

Is anyone in Drumcondra/Glasnevin still having trouble filling their boiler/tank?

We've consistently had cold running water but can't get any hot. Going on two weeks now. I'm a bit concerned this will go on and on with DCC claiming service has been restored when in fact the pressure is nowhere near what it was and what's needed for a functioning shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

If your cold water is running but the hot one isn't then it's probably a problem in your own plumbing, probably an air bubble caught in the pipes somewhere perhaps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ste.phen wrote: »
    If your cold water is running but the hot one isn't then it's probably a problem in your own plumbing, probably an air bubble caught in the pipes somewhere perhaps?

or simply that you have a mains feed, but theres not enough pressure for it to travel upstairs and fill your tank.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ziggyman17 wrote: »

maybe with charges people wouldnt leave taps running and the council would have enough funds to upgrade the piping network

Advertisement