Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Tray Message

• 31-12-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

HI all, Every time i try load a game i keep getting the message "open tray"
    after about 20 minutes of opening and closing it the game loads, is their a quick fix to this ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

push the button very quick just letting it narrowly come out.that sometimes work..or clear the catch as some updates used to mess mine up i.e facbook for xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

i have tried that already, i'm wondering if i open it up can i repair it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 overthebar1

Exact same problem I had.. Took it back to gamestop today and got a replacement. It was unbelievable annoying having to deal with that everytime you wanna play a game!

Wouldn't advise opening it up as you will lose your waranty. Take it back if your waranty is still in date

Well and truly out of warranty i bought it when they first came out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Handy enough to repair, try this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/409908

• Advertisement

Cheers Mate will give that a try.... nothing to lose at this stage due to
    the age of it etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

If you haven't got the tools etc.. head over here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489

Open Tray is fairly common with the old Xbox 360, you just need to tune the pots on the optical laser until a disc reads

Thanks again but have everything thats needed for the job..

Advertisement