Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb tv problem

Options
  • 31-12-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

hi boardsies :D

for christmas,being the good girlfriend that i am;), i bought my bf a new lg tv:http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-42PJ35

the problem is the tv wont recognise the video files(avi) i have on the usb stick. when we put in our usb stick,the only folders it shows are picture and music folders ,which the tv will happily play pictures and music from.

how do i get this tv to recognise and play my video files?...any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You would have to look at what codecs/video formats the tv supports. My guess us that it only supports a limited number of formats.

Maybe there is a way to update the tv by downloading new firmware. Youd be best to check specific LG forums...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Maybe when you check what format of vids the tv will play then download a converter online to change the format of the vid from avi.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

you have to get into the engineers menu and activate it
    i have a 42" one myself and only found out about this recently
    i have googled it but i am still not 100% on the procedure
    there are a few instructions on youtube also

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

if all that fails and you have avi's or possibly some mkv's

try one of these http://www.ebuyer.com/product/242215

K

Advertisement