Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 16s Live Music

Options
  • 31-12-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin that does under 16s live music regularly but isnt like soft **** but hard rock maybe abit of punk???

I know people are probably gonna say to just go and look and if I dont know then I dont deserve to be there or something like that its just all my friends arent into that stuff so it makes it tricky.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Hmm I'm not sure this would be the best place to ask this.. Have you tried asking in Gigs & Events or Rock/Metal? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

When I was 16, there was loads of local gigs on every few week. They were all local bands, and organised by people our age. The way I heard of them was there would be flyers up around the place. You could try and find out if there's any groups still doing this in your area. I'm sure there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

Well my local area is mainly full of old people :L

I was thinking of posting there but I dunno why I went here, I figured a place for young adults would be the place to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hmm, if you know any bands that you like that are young, they'll probably have a facebook with details of gigs and stuff. That could be a place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Demented Promotions run a lot of punk and hardcore shows in Dublin.

A good chunk of them are all ages.

(Look em up on facebook?)

I dont know if Blast/Blastbeat are still around, but they ran shows for that age group too? I hate them and think they've aided a few bands that I loved falling apart. That and they're cunts to other promoters booking shows at the last minute and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

+1 on Demented Promotions, usually all ages shows in The Pint, but some of them are 18+.

If you're into that sort of music it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Fad wrote: »
    Demented Promotions run a lot of punk and hardcore shows in Dublin.

A good chunk of them are all ages.

(Look em up on facebook?)

I dont know if Blast/Blastbeat are still around, but they ran shows for that age group too? I hate them and think they've aided a few bands that I loved falling apart. That and they're cunts to other promoters booking shows at the last minute and stuff.

Oh Blast :') Memories of going to TBMC every Saturday religiously.. good times. Hilariously embarrassing times, but good times too.

Advertisement