Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy New Year

Options
  • 31-12-2010 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year to you all!

I just thought that I'd personally wish you all a Happy New Year.

It has been quite eventful here in the DCN thread over the past 12 months.

There has been a marked increase in traffic in the forum which is brilliant, particularly in threads related to local causes & activities. It is also great to see so many new posters getting involved in voicing their opinions on local issues.

This forum is all about our community & every voice should be heard in an effort to improve it for current & future DCN citizens.

If any of you have ideas for the forum for the future - be sure to PM Beasty & me with your thoughts.

Take care & I wish you all a peaceful & prosperous 2011.

HB

PS - Be good, because I'm taking the evening off modding & having a glass or two of sherry with Mrs Billy.

PPS - Thanks to Beasty for all your support.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Right back at ya HB.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I have to agree and say that this forum has gotten busier over the last while and is a great source of information.

Thanks to all who contribute to it.

See you all in 2011. Happy New Year!!!!!! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Happy New Year everyone, I hope 2011 brings everything you wish for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Happy New Year one and all. All the best for 2011.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Happy New Year everyone. It's one of my favourite fora around. First check in when I go on Boards is the NCD.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Here's hoping for more water and electricity (even if courtesy of Eirgrid), and less snow, ice and rain. Hopefully one or two roads will become more drivable, with fewer delays

Oh, and with a bit of luck, fewer bans

(I know, I'm a glass half-full type;)).

Wishing everyone a great 2011

Beasty

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nothing like a good water cut to get a forum going :)
    I have never had so many emails in my life,:eek: here's to a wet and wonderful new year,:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

All the best for 2011, folks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Happy new year all,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

All the best to everyone here - great to see a close group of regular posters!
    (compared to the other forum that I really live in, NCD is so much better :o)

A big thanks to HB and Beasty for keeping the place clean and running well, not always the nicest and most grateful job to do (although all the free prostitutes, drugs and other benefits do make up for it all!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm really late, but Happy New Year everyone :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Just back from the depths of Co. Down so belated Happy new year to all.

Special thanks to Hill Billy and Beasty for all the hard work and effort over the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Happy New Year to all on DCN.

Heres to another year of sharing news and info in the area.

Advertisement