Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais - Empty Offices!

Options
  • 31-12-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Was on to Bord Gais this morning, Friday 31 Dec, around 9am trying to get someone out to fix my heating. Was told earliest appointment could be Tuesday 4 Jan due to bank holiday. Took the 8-11 slot on Tues. Girl on phone did suggest getting someone local if I needed heat sooner!

Finally got a local lad to fix my fan in less than ten minutes at 5.30 this evening. Tried phoning bord gais on their 1850 number which states as being available until 6pm, at 5.30, to cancel appointment and therefore avoid "€30 no reply charge". No reply there! Even tried talking to the automated woman - no reply there either. They do say some calls are monitored - does that mean they know I rang ?

Have sent 4 emails to all the addresses available on their website cancelling the appointment. Got two automated responses so that's proof I sent them.

If they hit me with this "€30 no reply charge" have I any hope of avoiding it? An extra €30 just because they left their offices half an hour early is not in my budget!.

Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Sandraf wrote: »
    Was on to Bord Gais this morning, Friday 31 Dec, around 9am trying to get someone out to fix my heating. Was told earliest appointment could be Tuesday 4 Jan due to bank holiday. Took the 8-11 slot on Tues. Girl on phone did suggest getting someone local if I needed heat sooner!

Finally got a local lad to fix my fan in less than ten minutes at 5.30 this evening. Tried phoning bord gais on their 1850 number which states as being available until 6pm, at 5.30, to cancel appointment and therefore avoid "€30 no reply charge". No reply there! Even tried talking to the automated woman - no reply there either. They do say some calls are monitored - does that mean they know I rang ?

Have sent 4 emails to all the addresses available on their website cancelling the appointment. Got two automated responses so that's proof I sent them.

If they hit me with this "€30 no reply charge" have I any hope of avoiding it? An extra €30 just because they left their offices half an hour early is not in my budget!.

Any thoughts ?

Don't you have to give them a minimum of 24 hours notice though? As in the time you made the appointment (this morning) was too late to think about cancelling it thereafter? Hope I'm wrong - that aside as long as you have the automated emails etc. and even your phone logs online, should be fine.

Advertisement