Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return Goods to Brown Thomas

Options
  • 31-12-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I bought a watch in Brown Thomas yesterday but have decided i would like to return it.

It was Longines watch and was pretty expensive as you can imagine.

Is it possible to return it and get a refund or what are my rights when it comes to jewellry return?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As there is nothing wrong with the goods, BT are under no legal obligation to refund you.

However, BT probably operate a returns policy (I'm not aware of the specific details). Pack the watch back up in the original material along with all documents and ask nicely. Be aware that you may not get a refund, they may instead offer store credit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Unless there's something wrong with the watch you've no right to a refund. BT might oblidge and give you a refund if you ask but they have no legal requirement to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

From my knowledge of other people returning gifts there etc. you will get a credit note.

Advertisement