Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheist/Secular Humanist Society

Options
  • 31-12-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is one in UL? Not seen or heard of one in my 2.5 years here.

EDIT: Would there be interest in setting one up out there either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Hi Ciaran,

There isn't a society like that. Starting a society these days is extremely worthwhile and is only helped by the fact that Paul and Liz are very helpful and are doing a great job. What would an Atheist/Secular Humanist society entail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

No there isent an Atheist Soc now, You will need 25 people to join to be recognized, If you are interested in setting one up drop into Paul Lee, He will tell you all you need to know about setting up a soc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Well I probably wouldn't be the one to spearhead something like this, wouldn't have the first clue really, on how to run events and the like.

I guess organising talks, lectures, debates etc as well as holding discussions on topics would be stuff to do. Pity I never looked into the one in McMaster while I was on exchange there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Well I probably wouldn't be the one to spearhead something like this, wouldn't have the first clue really, on how to run events and the like.

I guess organising talks, lectures, debates etc as well as holding discussions on topics would be stuff to do. Pity I never looked into the one in McMaster while I was on exchange there.

You wouldent have to organise the events, Thats what the 'events officer' position on the committee is for:) Delegate everything.
    All you need is to find someone to step forward to do it.

As for stuff to do, you could just find out what the Christian Union dose, and not do that:D

You wouldent have to organise the events, Thats what the 'events officer' position on the committee is for:) Delegate everything.
    All you need is to find someone to step forward to do it.

As for stuff to do, you could just find out what the Christian Union dose, and not do that:D

What is it they do, anyway? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Isn't it made up of like mostly foreign students?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

I'd join, there could be a book of the week, Book 1 - fiction - The Bible :p:D

NeirBot wrote: »

Fancy your chances of finishing that in a week? Good luck :D

I'll look into this some more when college starts back. May send out a general email to the student body, see what type of interest there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

NeirBot wrote: »

***SPOILER ALERT***

Jesus dies.

***END SPOILER***

• Advertisement
Advertisement