If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cheap but powerful 7.1 speakers

Options
  • 31-12-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,
    I am a returning customer. Bought an Onkyo HTiB off you during the summer and everything is great. I am interested in upgrading my speakers. Right now I have a 5.1 set up paired with a 7.1 capable receiver. So I am looking to upgrade to a 7.1 set up but nothing too flash. The speakers I have now do the job but I feel the sub is lacking and just want slightly better speakers. Have you guys got anything in the onkyo line for 7.1 speakers or anything else cheap but powerful?
    Thanks,
    Sean

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey guys,
    I am a returning customer. Bought an Onkyo HTiB off you during the summer and everything is great. I am interested in upgrading my speakers. Right now I have a 5.1 set up paired with a 7.1 capable receiver. So I am looking to upgrade to a 7.1 set up but nothing too flash. The speakers I have now do the job but I feel the sub is lacking and just want slightly better speakers. Have you guys got anything in the onkyo line for 7.1 speakers or anything else cheap but powerful?
    Thanks,
    Sean

Sean

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortunately we have been a bit crazy over the last week and our Boards presence has really suffered.

On the 7.1 speakers - Onkyo really don't offer any packs at the moment - they used to do a 728 pack which was decent quality and excellent value but they don't bring it in any more :(

If it was me and you were looking for a SUB/SAT system I would go for the Boston XSB5.1 system which has now been reduced to a pretty bonkers £269.95 http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Boston-Acoustics-Soundware-XS/ and add two extra satellites at £49.90 each giving you a total of £369.90 - this system is available from stock in either Black or white, includes wall brackets and looks & sounds great!

If you can take a slightly larger speaker - the Monitor Audio Vector pack is really excellent - I understand that it is going up in price shortly however it's still outstanding value at £399.95 for the 5.1 pack (compare that with ANY price in Europe & you will see what excellent value it is!) and you can add the extra V10 satellites at £129.95 for the pair giving you a total of £529.90 for the 7.1 pack - again at this price level there is nothing to touch it!

Finally in SUB/SAT packs - I would love to recommend the Cambridge Audio Minx as it's really outstanding - however stock is so short at the moment that I really cannot guarantee when we could supply them! http://cambridgeaudio.com/summary.php?PID=592&Title=Minx%20215%20home%20cinema

If you can take full size speakers I would really recommend the Monitor Audio BX1 AV10 pack this comprises

Monitor Audio BX1 * 2 pairs
    Monitor Audio BX Centre * 1
    Monitor Audio BX W10 Active sub

We can do this at just £699.95 (reduced from a retail of over £880!) and it looks and sounds great with real bass depth.

From Cambridge Audio we can offer the S30/S50/S80 system:

Cambridge S30 speakers * 2 pairs http://www.whathifi.com/review/Cambridge-Audio-S30/UserReviews/
    Cambridge S50 Center * 1
    Cambridge S80 sub * 1

This system again is good value at £439 - we can do it on a Boardie special at just £399.94

Hope I was not too long winded and again apologies for the delay getting back to you - please do keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like anything reserved for you,

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.