Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Day Swim

Options
  • 31-12-2010 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Anyone taking a dip tomorrow? Are there any organised swims tomorrow in Donegal? Any info would be great. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

"The annual New Years Day Swim will take place on Rathmullan Beach on Sat 1st January 2011 at 12pm.
    All proceeds this year will go to the Donegal Branch of The Irish Kidney Association - Renal Patient Comfort Fund.
    Please show your support for theses courageous swimmers.
    Sponsor Cards can be obtained and donations can be made to John Duffy and Susan Hanlon Ramelton."

Robbed from Facebook! (http://www.facebook.com/RathmullanCottages)

I'm sure there are others, but this is the only one I know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

There's also one at Marble Hill, Portnablagh at 2pm. It's for 2 charities (MS Ireland and Creeslough Day Centre).

They organise a one way system entering towards Marble Hill at Faugher School and exiting at Breaghy Head.

It's worth getting there early so you don't have a long walk back to your car after the swim (this is based on experience - my husband's not mine :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mojopolo wrote: »
    It's worth getting there early so you don't have a long walk back to your car after the swim (this is based on experience - my husband's not mine :rolleyes:)
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Me my father and my son swam Cloughglass today @ 12pm then followed it up by a feed of Guinness and a United victory in Sharkeys, Annagry afterwards. My toes are just about thawed out again !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah I guess watching United win can be a chilling experience. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

Thanks for all the replies. My brother wanted to do a swim. He ended up going to Rosnawlagh this afternoon & of course a visit to Smugglers afterwards! Fair play to all of you who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bit late now, but perhaps a bit of info for next year, but there was also a New Year's Day swim at Culdaff, Inishowen.

Not sure if there was one at Lisfannon, Buncrana. Usually is some day over Xmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pocketslint

Hi, I will contact the organisers and arrange a post for next years dip. 138 hardy souls braved the elements this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

mojopolo wrote: »

Are you married to George Costanza?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pocketslint

No, I haven't even heard of her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭M.Pool

fontanalis wrote: »
    Are you married to George Costanza?

:D

Advertisement