Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everyone Ready for another Crappy RTE New year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Dude, you need a blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Loading 2011 ███████████████░ 99%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fancy an Ice cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Nearly there now... :D:D

Everyone BBC1 Is now live 5 mins and counting,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

There is a new fangled gismo with loads of buttons on it comes with the telly and sky box its name escapes me for some reason try using that.

Ps Happy New Year to all on after hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

What the **** is this?

Haven't RTE ever heard of a thing called "copyright"? I hardly think a six month old song and clearly copying the most lucrative image in the world is "fair use"... jesus. Ah well, it's only taxpayers' money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Whats the Eurovision doing on at this time of year?

Bbc1 now

• Advertisement

RTE are currently broadcasting a pile of **** people that cant sing if there lives depended on it, Just switch over to bbc now!!

RobitTV wrote: »
    RTE are currently broadcasting a pile of **** people that cant sing if there lives depended on it, Just switch over to bbc now!!

Wouldn't it make more sense to show this years contestants instead of last years.

The Wheel is GLOWING! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

sure why waste money on it.

The website has ****ed it up

• Advertisement

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And congrats to rte for another New year **** performance, HOORAH!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Well at least they had a proper top 10 countdown.... I mean, it's a lot better than they had other years anyway... and they had that song to denote the New Year.

For a half a minute there, RTE was actually decent.... and this one singing isn't so bad, not terrible. Which is surprising for RTE.

Well at least they had a proper top 10 countdown.... I mean, it's a lot better than they had other years anyway... and they had that song to denote the New Year.

For a half a minute there, RTE was actually decent.

Lol it wasnt up to new year standards, at all a countdown is not enough, And the singing was ****!

BBC Is just Stunning images right now, best fireworks ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great celebrations along The Thames in London, looks fantastic, great music also

• Advertisement

I tried to watch it online but they screwed it up - sound but no pictures. Catch it tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Fairplay to RTE...coulther and the toothy ****...happy new ears

yes...ears:)

mike65 wrote: »
    I tried to watch it online but they screwed it up - sound but no pictures. Catch it tomorrow

It is tomorrow.

ro_chez wrote: »
    Fairplay to RTE...coulther and the toothy ****...happy new ears

yes...ears:)

Congrats to rte for another **** New year, that was the worst new year celebration ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

London fireworks completely ruined by the ****wits at BBC World

a person even propsed to his girlfriend on BBC, And now there just Celebrating, Its just wow!

mike65 wrote: »

It was superb.

a person even propsed to his girlfriend on BBC, And now there just Celebrating, Its just wow!

+1

best fireworks ive seen in a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

RTE... I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's full of rats and pigs. Another fukcing gravy train.

• Advertisement

RTE... I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's full of rats and pigs. Another fukcing gravy train.

Agreed, watching RTE On new years eve Just before 12am is painful, The whole celebration to new years eve Was dreadful i hope No one Outside the republic saw that. *red cheeks*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

cowardice. thats called making someone an offer they can't refuse, under the circumstances. some yunfella did it at dublin airport recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I turned over to Graham Norton when I heard that terrible impersonation of Lady Ga Ga.

Star Bingo wrote: »
    cowardice. thats called making someone an offer they can't refuse, under the circumstances. some yunfella did it at dublin airport recently

Lol yeah, so funny if she said No, but its very unlikely due to them being on National tv.

I turned over to Graham Norton when I heard that terrible impersonation of Lady Ga Ga.

Yeah i heard abit of that, Just plain awful, the whole show is Crap!

theres nothing actually on RTÉ! all i see is a done to death recording of my scowling self albeit with no coke :/

so much for new years. is this As Good As It Gets? u fcukers are slow :p

theres nothing actually on RTÉ! all i see is a recording of my scouring self albeit with no coke :/ so much for new years

Its the same every new years on RTE, nothing on at all, a pile of crap,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

jools on bbc2, the usual for me every year, a slick no interview ad free music show.

Its the same every new years on RTE, nothing on at all, a pile of crap,

why'd it all go quiet immediately after 12? not sayin it was a rollickin & rollin beforehand.. must be past their coketime

• Advertisement

why'd it all go quiet immediately after 12? not sayin it was a rollickin & rollin beforehand.. must be past their coketime

Lol i dunno, they must of forgot what was happening for a second, haha! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

RTE? No 'proper countdown at all!

Might have half interrupted some sh!tty program to count from 10-1 but no dedicated show. BBC and London city was BRILLIANT - exactly the sort of thing this country needs to help make us feel good and proud of our country again.

Shame on you RTE and shame on you Fine FAIL! :mad:

(First time I ever used that about FF but tonight I truly thought it needed to be said - how much would a few fireweorks cost for FFS? As much as your pension fcuko!?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

must be past their coketime

Yeah, the Charlie wore off.. Somebody hoovered up all the good sh1t.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    RTE? No 'proper countdown at all!

Might have half interrupted some sh!tty program to count from 10-1 but no dedicated show. BBC and London city was BRILLIANT - exactly the sort of thing this country needs to help make us feel good and proud of our country again.

Shame on you RTE and shame on you Fine FAIL! :mad:

(First time I ever used that about FF but tonight I truly thought it needed to be said - how much would a few fireweorks cost for FFS? As much as your pension fcuko!?!)

You sir Have made the best comment of the night, i agree 100%, BBC1 I was watching It was just spectacular it made me happier thats for sure, BBC Even had their own dedicated show, RTE Are a disgrace i mean what the **** was that bull**** about??? Pat kenny earns more then the US President, If they can afford to pay him, Why cant they do a small firework display in dublin or something?? And at this rate it would probaly cost less then Paying out the penions, im pissed off ****ing rte, they can go and **** off, im just disgusted like last year! when rte put in a **** performance! again

i see why RTÉ is such a fcuking epic fail now. save face; don't appear on it.

i see why RTÉ is such a fcuking epic fail now. save face; don't appear on it.

The greedy bastards will probaly ask for a 200 euro entrance fee if you ever go into there studious, nothing surprises me anymore, RTE Are a failure and they always will be.

• Advertisement

Best Video of the Firework display in London that bbc broadcasted....
    Watch Here....

Best at the moment! the bbc should upload it to youtube later.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gariceimo

RTE can't count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

trish23 wrote: »
    I have my usual date with Jools but couldn't believe RTEs lineup! Results of a Talent Show?? "Sorry, you're out of the competition but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" WTF?

rte

cutbacks man

happy ne

oh, we gotta leave it there folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

in 2011 wouldnt be surprised if transmission ends after the 9 OC news

that with bosco repeats and upstairs downstairs in the afternoon

in 2011 wouldnt be surprised if transmission ends after the 9 OC news

that with bosco repeats and upstairs downstairs in the afternoon

the guy who made the bosco theme lives in the village; stones throw. wife/3 kids

reintroducing it'd probs cause bad flashbacks, cos he musta bn trippin :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement