Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapters Bookshop.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Was there ever a branch of Chapters on or near Wicklow St? I have memories of going to town with my Dad at age 7, so around '89, and shopping in Chapters while he got his hair cut in Sheppards.

There was, they were at 21 Wicklow St

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

bonerm wrote: »
    Yeah I forgot specify it had music. I guess in retrospect it must have been music only like you say?

Anyway I reckon it had to be this one:

Chapters Musicstore
    54 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1
    (now Twisted Pepper)
    That's definitely one of them anway - I just found the address on an old Chapters bookmark yesterday. They wre in the 108 address also at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Fuinseog wrote: »
    what I dislike most about the place is that they have no loyalty card.they could not care less if you shop there or not and are indifferent to the amount you spend there, which is why I make larger purchases at H and F.

Hmm, a loyalty card would be nice. One thing I noticed was they don't do those one4all gift cards. I got one lately and marched up to Chapters to indulge my hunger, guilt-free, and found out they don't take them. I ended up using it in a glorified newsagents, which shall remain nameless, instead.

That said, I am loyal to Chapters, in the sense that it's always my first choice, even without a card. It always has a great selection and great bargains, that keeps me coming back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Wasn't there a small one opposite Eason's, just a couple of doors up from the corner where Supermacs is now?

Bingo..there was one a couple of doors up from where supermacs is now(it was kfc then) and beside terrisales the hairdressing shop...directly across the road from easons.
    It had a truly cheap bargain basement and offered cash for books too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Degsy wrote: »
    Bingo..there was one a couple of doors up from where supermacs is now(it was kfc then) and beside terrisales the hairdressing shop...directly across the road from easons.
    It had a truly cheap bargain basement and offered cash for books too.

OT, but I don't remember there being a KFC on O'Connell street, ever. When was this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bambi wrote: »
    The upstairs is still old school, When I'm downstairs I have to have the headphones on cos your man does me head in (ye know who I bet ) :pac:

I assumed he was the owner or manager.
    Not a fan of the guy, he can come out with some smart comments

A customer before me asked a question and I think I asked a similar question and got the :rolleyes: look and a loud "people don't listen". Waster!

Rest of the staff are lovely though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ahh! I remeber that. There was a Dunkin Donuts too, I remember always going into Dunkin after the parade on Paddys Day. :D

Advertisement