Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 weeks - €3000

• 01-01-2011 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Where to go?
    Traveling in April. Will go anywhere as long as it's not humid. Solo trip.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you could do a great fly/drive holiday in the US for €3000.

a quick 5 second google found me THIS 2 week holiday, but i'm sure they could do you a 4 week one if you asked and I'm very sure you could get more for less if you shopped around.

if you don't like the humidity tho, you're cutting out a lot of places that could be really great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Where to go?
    Any ideas?

Ukraine, your money will go a long way.. I would go to Kiev then make my way down to the Crimea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ForeverStuck

Good idea - thanks. Not sure how confident I'd be driving though.
    I was thinking of inter-railing but am finding my budget to be a handicap.
    I can't cope with very hot weather - it would spoil a trip for me!

Ukraine, your money will go a long way.. I would go to Kiev then make my way down to the Crimea.
    Do you think that would be an ok trip to make solo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Do you think that would be an ok trip to make solo?

Yeah, no bother at all. Somewhere like Jamacia or even Barbados would be far more dangerous than the Ukraine. If you use common sense in the Ukraine, you will be fine.

• Advertisement

Yeah, no bother at all. Somewhere like Jamacia or even Barbados would be far more dangerous than the Ukraine. If you use common sense in the Ukraine, you will be fine.

I like it - cheers for the inspiration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Where to go?
    Any ideas?

Springtime is absolutely the best time to visit Iran.

It's possible to get there by rail from London via Vienna, Budapest and Istanbul if you have the time.

The people and the welcome are incredible, the population is young, friendly and inquisitive and the juxtaposition with the clerical theocracy make for a culturally stimulating adventure.

Ancient archaeological sites like Persepolis are stunning, the natural landscape varies from desert to snow covered mountains to lush green forests, virtually no tourists and Persian history is richly layered in myriad ways.

I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively for work, US, Australia, Japan and most of SE Asia and I've loved it all. Iran though was very, very special.

Also, ehm, incredibly cheap place to visit.

http://www.seat61.com/

Not sure I'd be brave enough for Iran but I'd say it would be fantastic.
    Definitely going to have an adventure of sorts by rail.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Peru

Fly to Lima. Head to Arequipa for a couple of days, then Cusco. Stay there for a good few days as there is so much to see there and in the surrounding areas and then do the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Book a good few months in advance though or it will be full).

Could also do Lake Titicaca. I didnt get to do that unfortunately.

What an awesome country! Love the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you have some time and some money .... anywhere .... you can go wherever you want.....I went on a bit of a holiday this year with the GF - Toronto, San Francisco, Hawaii, Maui,Las Vegas, New York ....all fantastic places.

all depends on what type of holiday you want ..... ever tried diving ? Egypt ... Seychelles, OZ ?

one of the holidays I want to do is watch/photo Great White Sharks breaching in South Africa (best time of year is March/April).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭tech

try http://www.busabout.com

I travelled with them last year started in Amsterdam for 1 night
    3 nights in Berlin
    3 Nights Prague
    1 night Vienna
    3 Nights Munich
    1 night in Vience
    3 Nights in Rome and fly home

Stayed in Hostels max per night sharing was 22yoyyo

Excellent break and only cost about €1500 for flight, bus ticket and day tours and hostels!!

mainmap.gif

04072511 wrote: »
    Peru

Fly to Lima. Head to Arequipa for a couple of days, then Cusco. Stay there for a good few days as there is so much to see there and in the surrounding areas and then do the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (Book a good few months in advance though or it will be full).

Could also do Lake Titicaca. I didnt get to do that unfortunately.

What an awesome country! Love the place.

I have absolutely no interest in visiting the above, or Oz for that matter.
    Have seen so many of the same photos over and over again of these places that I think that if I ever went, they'd be ruined for me.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    you have some time and some money .... anywhere .... you can go wherever you want.....I went on a bit of a holiday this year with the GF - Toronto, San Francisco, Hawaii, Maui,Las Vegas, New York ....all fantastic places.

one of the holidays I want to do is watch/photo Great White Sharks breaching in South Africa (best time of year is March/April).

Don't think my budget would stretch to the above - I should have stated that it includes spending money.

I've decided on Eastern Europe - by train.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Advertisement