Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Midlands members here willing to sponsor me for membership?

Options
  • 01-01-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I'm buying some property back in Ireland in the near future and would like to get a CF rifle and .22 licensed.
    I've looked at Midlands and it looks great for CF, but I will need two members in good standing to sponsor me.
    I can get a few Garda references if that would help you feel better, and if you wish join you for a day there and if the club would let me, demonstrate safe handling etc.
    Also check out my youtube videos (so you can see I'm not too much of a madman!) :

http://www.youtube.com/user/harmoniums?feature=chclk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

harmoniums wrote: »
    I'm buying some property back in Ireland in the near future and would like to get a CF rifle and .22 licensed.
    I've looked at Midlands and it looks great for CF, but I will need two members in good standing to sponsor me.
    I can get a few Garda references if that would help you feel better, and if you wish join you for a day there and if the club would let me, demonstrate safe handling etc.
    Also check out my youtube videos (so you can see I'm not too much of a madman!) :

http://www.youtube.com/user/harmoniums?feature=chclk

AWWWWWwwww jeasus whats youtube ??? ....... I donno about lettin you near a weapon in these woods :P:P:P:P:P:P

Honestly, seen and loved the vids youve done, if you produce safisfactory garda references il back you up because from what Ive seen you can only contribute to the shooting community here.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh er..................... whats your definition of "Good Standing" ???? :P :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

As Gunahappy has said, if you produse the references I will second you.

Just a pity you couldnt bring your toys all home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Make that another second,with the Garda refs of course.:)
    Are you are nuts coming back here,even to buy property..???:eek:with plenty of toys available in the States[even in CA!]. I wish I'd stayed put over there 18 years ago.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Make that another second,with the Garda refs of course.:)
    Are you are nuts coming back here,even to buy property..???:eek:with plenty of toys available in the States[even in CA!]. I wish I'd stayed put over there 18 years ago.:(

Were not moving back, just looking for a holiday home.
    There's a lot of broke pissed off people in Dublin itching to dump that bourgeois second home "down the country" to a loud mouth yank like myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

wow the M1892 video is class some machine!,I don't know a whole lot about shooting or that but thats some piece of history you have their imagine if it were human it would have witnessed ww1/ww2 the titanic Ireland under the crown and lots more class!,was it ever used in action?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

harmoniums wrote: »
    Were not moving back, just looking for a holiday home.
    There's a lot of broke pissed off people in Dublin itching to dump that bourgeois second home "down the country" to a loud mouth yank like myself!

As half a loudmouthed Yank;),whose grand parents came from Cavan and Letrim and headed off to New York in the 1920s,and whose son moved back here to do the returned Irish son " Quiet man" routine.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

His advice was, "If it floats,flies, or has foundations with four walls , has four legs ,four wheels,or fornicates in Ireland...RENT IT!";):D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Unhelpful and off topic comments removed.

Good luck with the sponsorship Harmoniums :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Well if yer stuck I might sponsor ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

Thanks guys I'll pm you when the time comes up in a couple of months.

Advertisement