Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7ft 2'' Providence Board

Options
  • 01-01-2011 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

For sale for €350
    Perfect condition,no dints or repairs.
    comes with board bag,leash,new unused fins,the lot.
    selling because i am upgrading to a new board.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336053d86c2c2e1544267e5e5dedf567503.jpg

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336a6eddf889e9344a29ee3c7e08391e3d6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

No ding's I should say..no takers no?!:(

Very nice surfboard.
    She's for sale if your interested?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Its a grand board but if you want to sell it I'd say you'll have to drop the price to around 200.Just sold a 7'6 minimal for 250 a few months back,was as good as new and a great board. Wife only recently bought a custom 9'6 second hand for 300 that was only used twice so going on that if ya want a sale I'd drop the price and put it up on adverts.ie.
    The majority of people on here already have boards so unless you get a response quick enough doubt there's much interest.Although saying that I've seen threads with boards for sale that are 2 years old get a bit of interest when the summer comes in and noobs start getting thh surfing bug.
    Please don't take this as criticism,just trying to help ya out cause have sold a few boards over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

300-350 is a fair price, but as meatwad pointed to, its the wrong time of year to be selling a beginner's board...... Get it on as many sites as you can. Irishsurfer has a classified section that I used to use a lot and was very good for shifting boards! Haven't used it in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Sites to put it on

donedeal.ie
    adverts.ie
    gumtree.ie
    longboardireland.com

irishsurfer kinda a dead duck at this stage, was great for shifting boards but it's mainly empty now

• Advertisement

rodento wrote: »
    Sites to put it on

donedeal.ie
    adverts.ie
    gumtree.ie
    longboardireland.com

irishsurfer kinda a dead duck at this stage, was great for shifting boards but it's mainly empty now

I had it up on donedeal.ie but no responses at all.
    Adverts,its still up there.
    Same with Gumtree.
    Never heard of longboarding.com,will check it out!:D

loctite wrote: »
    300-350 is a fair price, but as meatwad pointed to, its the wrong time of year to be selling a beginner's board...... Get it on as many sites as you can. Irishsurfer has a classified section that I used to use a lot and was very good for shifting boards! Haven't used it in a while though.

I've been advised a few times now to hold on to the board till summer and it should sell no problem.I might just do that..getting ridiculous offers well below what its worth.Never heard of irishsurfer,will have a look at it!Thanks!:)

Meatwad wrote: »
    Its a grand board but if you want to sell it I'd say you'll have to drop the price to around 200.Just sold a 7'6 minimal for 250 a few months back,was as good as new and a great board. Wife only recently bought a custom 9'6 second hand for 300 that was only used twice so going on that if ya want a sale I'd drop the price and put it up on adverts.ie.
    The majority of people on here already have boards so unless you get a response quick enough doubt there's much interest.Although saying that I've seen threads with boards for sale that are 2 years old get a bit of interest when the summer comes in and noobs start getting thh surfing bug.
    Please don't take this as criticism,just trying to help ya out cause have sold a few boards over the years.

Wow,that's some bargain!A 9'6 practically new for 300!:O
    I have her up on Adverts :) Not much happening there do :/
    haha that's exactly what I'm waiting for is someone to stumble upon this.I don't want to rip anybody off,I just want to get a fair deal.It's looking like I'll have to wait till summer to get rid of her because I couldnt sell it all for €200.I'd be broke!! Thanks for the input do!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Problem is that wages & saleries have dropped alarmingly over the last year and costs have gone up, so people won't have 300+ to spend on a 7'2 that they never heard of

rodento wrote: »
    Problem is that wages & saleries have dropped alarmingly over the last year and costs have gone up, so people won't have 300+ to spend on a 7'2 that they never heard of

I get the hole money thing but I don't see why I should loose out.I mean I saved for a long time so I could get my first board.I'd rather keep my investment till people can afford my board for what its worth.Never heard of Providence?!Made in Cornwall..

• Advertisement

SOLD :D:D

Well what did you get for it??
    :)

Well what did you get for it??
    :)
    A nice fat purse. haha ;)
    €280.Would have liked €300 but I was more than happy.
    Any of ye ever hear of Random surfboards?!

Yep...
    if you are buying a Random Board, check out the fin system.
    I'm nearly sure that they had this funky long board style fin box for all their fins.
    If that is the case be warned as it is very difficult to get replacement fins...afaik the newer models are FCS style though.

What dims/ type board you getting??

Yep...
    if you are buying a Random Board, check out the fin system.
    I'm nearly sure that they had this funky long board style fin box for all their fins.
    If that is the case be warned as it is very difficult to get replacement fins...afaik the newer models are FCS style though.

What dims/ type board you getting??

Hmm,that sounds dodgy.(the fin system) :/

Ehhhhmm, a 6'6'' shortboard. I currently have a 6'6'' Hawaiian Soul fish.But it's very floaty and I don't find it much of a challenge.I can't duck dive it either..I'm not heavy enough.I want a ''proper'' shortboard. I'm not sure about the dims..thin enough rails...undecided on tail shape aswell..I find fish's are so delicate..kinda puttin me off!Ill be headin to Clare in late July...So I want to make sure I've a board to keep me busy :D Any advice?Also would you know a First Timer friendly reef in Clare?I see ur location is set to Clare :rolleyes:.... I envy u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭keryl

Actually, yeah I'd like to know where to go for an entry to reef breaks for beginners. Nothing to hectic, just to get used to the speed and getting over the different base.

Hmm,that sounds dodgy.(the fin system) :/

Ehhhhmm, a 6'6'' shortboard. I currently have a 6'6'' Hawaiian Soul fish.But it's very floaty and I don't find it much of a challenge.I can't duck dive it either..I'm not heavy enough.I want a ''proper'' shortboard. I'm not sure about the dims..thin enough rails...undecided on tail shape aswell..I find fish's are so delicate..kinda puttin me off!Ill be headin to Clare in late July...So I want to make sure I've a board to keep me busy :D Any advice?Also would you know a First Timer friendly reef in Clare?I see ur location is set to Clare :rolleyes:.... I envy u :)

I can't be sure about that fin system on the Random. I stand to be corrected if it is the one with that strange fin system.

A reef for a first timer, It's very hard to recommend a reef to any beginner/ intermediate for two reasons, i) don't know your ability and if it is wise to send you some where, and ii) I could recommend a reef and you arrive on a 15ft day and think its a good intro and off you paddle....

But bearing that in mind I think the easiest reef to surf would be in Lahinch. Lahinch Left. If you ask in any of the local surf shops or check out some online surf guides they will point you in the right direction.

Take on reefs small at first and build from there, find out all the local dangers e.g. rips, etc. Watch where other surfers are entering and exiting.... Like I said don't bite off more than you can chew... When Lahinch Left gets big, I really don't like it. There are more reefs to the Left of Lahinch Left but as you move further across the waves get that bit heavier..

If you are considering getting a new board, I would highly recommend talking to a shaper. You will get a custom made board for less than what you will pay in a surf shop. Expect to pay around 325-350. There is a kick ass shaper just outside Lahinch called Tom-Doidge Harrison (DH Surfboards). His boards are top class and really good value. He would be able to give recommendation on what board, shape, rails dims etc. If you want his number I will PM it on to you. If you get your order in now, a new stick could be waiting for you when you get to Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

I get the hole money thing but I don't see why I should loose out.I mean I saved for a long time so I could get my first board.I'd rather keep my investment till people can afford my board for what its worth.Never heard of Providence?!Made in Cornwall..

haha cornwall not!!!

same place as random boards are made CHINA!!

buy irish see a shaper

• Registered Users Posts: 27 linnanea

keryl wrote: »
    OK

I'm only new to surfing but I've bought China, via Cornwall. My new board is local to where I live.

I think the shapers out there and those that continue to insist people to by local should put up a thread of all the details and why someone should consider it.

Someone getting into surfing probably won't know the significance of where a board comes from, they are only interested in a getting a board fast, cheap and trying to stand on the board...

In the future I will get mine shaped as it's personal also but yeah it supports locals. If your only getting into surfing these things don't always pop to mind until you get into surfing more.

I know ISA have a page of shapers but I think there should be a page that shows the price difference, types and what they get > China...

Wouldn't it be great to know most people buy there boards locally, we have a great thing here and I think the Irish surf scene is quality compared to Australia.

Your first comment about shapers and others insisting on buying locally is a no brainer (for someone who has been surfing a while like the topic starter surfergirl92 who was looking for advice) - you get a personalised board which suits your weight, height, previous boards/surf experience and the type of wave you intend riding. And as you said, buying locally's always a plus.

Secondly on the ISA and putting up a price comparison between "China" and custom made boards - this comment makes NO sense. "China" boards are mass produced and so therefore cost less - if the thousands of miles the board travels greys out the sweatshop image in your head, good for you. Local custom boards are more expensive because effort and care are put into their construction, and you will end up with a quality bit of craftsmanship you will no doubt love a hell of a lot more than something you ordered from msw or some other random seller you've never met.

Finally, what's the Australia surf scene got to do with this thread?

linnanea wrote: »

Secondly on the ISA and putting up a price comparison between "China" and custom made boards - this comment makes NO sense. "China" boards are mass produced and so therefore cost less - if the thousands of miles the board travels greys out the sweatshop image in your head, good for you. Local custom boards are more expensive because effort and care are put into their construction, and you will end up with a quality bit of craftsmanship you will no doubt love a hell of a lot more than something you ordered from msw or some other random seller you've never met.

Like a lot of consumables, the majority of end consumers do not really care where their boards comes from. I am a big advocate of custom made boards, but I have been equally happy/ stoked with boards that I have bought off the racks in a surf store which have been massed produced, most likely somewhere in Asia.

I'm equally happy to buy either or, but price is key and it is almost at the stage where you can get a custom for the same price as out of a store. A no brainer imo, get a custom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭keryl

linnanea wrote: »
    Your first comment about shapers and others insisting on buying locally is a no brainer (for someone who has been surfing a while like the topic starter surfergirl92 who was looking for advice) - you get a personalised board which suits your weight, height, previous boards/surf experience and the type of wave you intend riding. And as you said, buying locally's always a plus.

Finally, what's the Australia surf scene got to do with this thread?

Absolutely nothing, sorry for distracting the thread. Post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 linnanea

I'm equally happy to buy either or, but price is key and it is almost at the stage where you can get a custom for the same price as out of a store. A no brainer imo, get a custom

Yep, price has played a part in my board purchasing in the past - if you can't afford a custom board it is good to wait around for something second hand to come up, and yes my most versatile board for conditions does have "made in thailand" scrawled on the tail. Cost me half the price of it new (maybe less?) and has given me a good idea of what i will go for next when i get the pennies together.

I've seen the past few shortboards that Paul at Glide surfboards have been putting out there and they look the business - if you were to get a board off the rack in a surf shop it would quite possibly be even more expensive than Glide's; think they come in at somewhere around €350 for shortboards. Tom DH's boards look sweet too and seem to be ridden by half of Clare at this stage - seeing them everywhere; no idea on price though.

glide wrote: »
    haha cornwall not!!!

same place as random boards are made CHINA!!

buy irish see a shaper

Really :eek:
    I wasn't aware of this at all..:confused:
    Yeah,I did some research about Random Boards..the whole China thing.
    I think I'll keep on saving until I can get a custom...works out better for everyone. :)

I can't be sure about that fin system on the Random. I stand to be corrected if it is the one with that strange fin system.

A reef for a first timer, It's very hard to recommend a reef to any beginner/ intermediate for two reasons, i) don't know your ability and if it is wise to send you some where, and ii) I could recommend a reef and you arrive on a 15ft day and think its a good intro and off you paddle....

But bearing that in mind I think the easiest reef to surf would be in Lahinch. Lahinch Left. If you ask in any of the local surf shops or check out some online surf guides they will point you in the right direction.

Take on reefs small at first and build from there, find out all the local dangers e.g. rips, etc. Watch where other surfers are entering and exiting.... Like I said don't bite off more than you can chew... When Lahinch Left gets big, I really don't like it. There are more reefs to the Left of Lahinch Left but as you move further across the waves get that bit heavier..

If you are considering getting a new board, I would highly recommend talking to a shaper. You will get a custom made board for less than what you will pay in a surf shop. Expect to pay around 325-350. There is a kick ass shaper just outside Lahinch called Tom-Doidge Harrison (DH Surfboards). His boards are top class and really good value. He would be able to give recommendation on what board, shape, rails dims etc. If you want his number I will PM it on to you. If you get your order in now, a new stick could be waiting for you when you get to Clare.

Hey loctite,

I've decided not to go with Random,regardless of the fins.Pop-out.:rolleyes:

haha yes,I understand what you mean..but I've a level head..if I think it looks too big from the beach I know it'l be bigger when I get out and wont be comfortable so I defitnitly wouldn't head out in 15ft!!!
    Surfing for a year and a bit now.I can paddle out back,turn,some shape of a cutback. The basics I guess..I've had little to no time in the water this year.Hoping to improve during the summer and surf 24/7 :D:D So I think a looser board would help me progress..

Lahinch Left.Noted. Thanks a million for the advice.
    €325-€350 is my price range so that works out nicely!I would rather go local. Yes,could you PM me his number. I always taught custom boards cost a lot more than retail boards for some reason.How long roughly does it take to make a board?I'll be up late July..

Advertisement