Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N24 - New signage through South Tipperary

Options
  • 01-01-2011 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

As per thread title, the N24 is being completely re-signed all through South Tipp. New poles have been installed, so I'd imagine the new signs will differ quite a bit from the older ones. Interestingly, the 2+1 Cahir Bypass from M8 junction 10 is also being re-signed, even though it was only opened in 2007.

I'd expect M8 patching to appear on the Clonmel relief road section westbound to Cahir. I wonder if Clonmel traffic will be directed to Dublin via the M8 on the new signage, or will the M9 also feature for eastbound traffic (currently Clonmel-Dublin traffic is directed to the N76 and N9 via the N24; this should be changed to the M8 in my opinion).

Pictures will follow as soon as the signage is installed.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

hopefully they'll chnage the incorrect exit sign for Waterford at the end of the Clonmel Bypass (Last R/A) when comming from Tipperary. Been that way for years.

it indicates the Waterord exit at 2 O'Clock when in fat it is at 10 O'Clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

They've started installing the signage now on the N24 close to the M8 junction 10 and the junction with the R639. New signage I spotted today included a roundabout name sign (New Inn Roundabout) as well as white R639 signage pointing to New Inn and Cashel. The R639 number did not appear in an orange box and Rockwell College has been given official (and prominent) brown patching on white R639 roundabout signage.

The N24 between Cahir and Rathkeevin is due to re-open on Friday; it will be interesting to see if new signage has been installed there with M8 patching. Like I said, I'll post pics when the work is done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The NRA are trialling high concept meme sh1t on that road. :cool:

motorway2.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Whilst the new signage on the N24 is welcome, I would welcome new roadage on the N24 even more.:cool:

The new signage is not an improvement on the old signage as it turns out. No M8 patching; in fact, no mention of Cork or Dublin at all on most of it. Wasted opportunity.

• Advertisement

Just back from Waterford. Noticed new signage at the N24/N76 junction at Kilheffernan. Large M9 patch on it.

Advertisement