Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed on buying TV and Blu Ray DVD Player

• 01-01-2011 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to buy the following:

2 x LCD TV's (40 or 42 in, 1080p, 100hz - any other spec that's very important?)
    1 x Blu Ray DVD player

Reason I'm looking for LCD vs. Plasma is that in both TV locations there is a lot of light coming in to the room so likely to get a lot of reflection off a Plasma.

Have a standard Sky Box - will probably upgrade to HD over the next 6 months or so. Will also (eventually) invest in an XBOX 360 with Kinect and Home Cinema System.

Budget is €1,200 (hopefully there are some good deals out there!)

I've done some browsing in the usual places and got all kinds of different advice. At the moment - Philips seem to be doing good deals - and most of their sets seem to have 100hz as standard. Is this a decent set?
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-42P540

Any tips, advice, suggestions etc. would be appreciated. I've read a few of the buying guides (DiD, CNET etc.) - but would like to hear from fellow Boards members too.

Thanks - and Happy New Year all. :)

Advertisement