Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI 365 transfers

Options
  • 01-01-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Can I use my online 365 account to transfer an amount of money to a UK account (in Sterling I suppose)?
    I have tried to find a section in my site for such a process but can't find the area -even though the BOI page covering such transactions do seem to apply to transfers via 365 online.
    http://www.365online.com/about/fees.html

The last time -a year ago- I asked them (in the bank) , they steered me in the direction of a banker's Sterling draft but I am hoping that a simple transfer to a foreign account (especially Sterling) might be possible from the comfort of my own keyboard -provided that the fees aren't entirely extortionate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

Yes it's possible.

I send money to my daughter who is a student in Scotland every month.

You'll need the account details to which you intend to transfer money to, account no. sort code, IBAN and BIC.

Log in to B365 - click on your account - then from the left hand tab, select Payments - then select International Money Transfer, then select Add Beneficiary.

As far as I can recall, when you do all the above and input details, you get a once off activation code in the post (security feature to ensure someone else isn't trying to send money from your account). You then have the option of sending in euro or in my example 'sterling'.

I send sterling, so I know how much I'm being charged straight away, though I do notice Lloyds take stg£7 for every transfer I make. It gets there in three days.

Hope that helps.

pjmn

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

yes thanks
    very helpful.
    It is a shame that I will have to wait for a letter in the post to start the process as I am a bit short of time.
    But I should have expected that.....

Advertisement