Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom Vs. Man Utd (SS2 - 12.45)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

shocking performance.

No way deserving of 3 points. Horrid, just horrid.

Man of the Match voting link....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

I'm struggling to think of good options for it.

Open to all, just don't be a dick please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

To say the result was better than the performance is the understatement of the century.

Huge 3 points though, and I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

3 points stolen today from another inept performance away from home.
    Baggies played very well but couldn't get that 2nd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

One of those take it and move on performances. Utd scarecely deserved a draw, let alone a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The term " how the ****?" comes to mind but in the cold light of day so does " who gives a ****?".

Shocking performance though. Chico is such a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

shocking performance.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

1. Rooney
    2. Hernandez
    3. Rio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Have to say United are doing exactly what a title winning team are doing. They are getting the decisions, they are grinding the wins, you can't win a league without a certain rub of the green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Hernandez = Mexican Ole

A great escape leaving there with 3 points, terrible performances, no real positives other than the 3 points.

Rooney wanted to get back out there, I admire him for that, hopefully it was just an impact injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

shocking performance.

Not even a look in for any WBA players.

I'd have given it to Jerome Thomas tbh. Thought he had a really good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Anyone who has had ankle injuries will know once you have a bad one, it never fully heals so re-occurence is easily done.

As for the game. A win is a win is a win.

Hopefully Nani and Scholes will be back for the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

fair play to Man U. Alot of other teams are punished when they dont play to their full ability. Man U somehow manage to get the job done again. I cant fault them

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Have to say United are doing exactly what a title winning team are doing. They are getting the decisions, they are grinding the wins, you can't win a league without a certain rub of the green.

Totally overlooking the blatant handball, but heyho, such is the way with some boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jesus we need our wingers back and fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

adox wrote: »
    Totally overlooking the blatant handball, but heyho, such is the way with some boardsies.

not really. They didnt play well but still won.... These points combined with the other points they get from games they win and play well should win them the league

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not even a look in for any WBA players.

I'd have given it to Jerome Thomas tbh. Thought he had a really good game.

It's a poll for Man Utd players only by a Man Utd fan, has been since the start of the season. Try to keep up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In fairness, ManU have a mental strength in all their teams which is quite incredible. Been the same for so long now, have to say massive credit to Alex.

thorbarry wrote: »
    not really. They didnt play well but still won.... These points combined with the other points they get from games they win and play well should win them the league

What? I'm not even arguing any of those points. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's a poll for Man Utd players only by a Man Utd fan, has been since the start of the season. Try to keep up. :D

First time I saw it to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Blessed to win that. delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Went
    Rooney
    Carrick
    Hernandez

only players who performed to their potential today imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Delighted to see the back of that game... fookin hell that was nervy!

Now bring on the Stoke

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Liam O wrote: »
    Went
    Rooney
    Carrick
    Hernandez

only players who performed to their potential today imo

Vidic
    Rooney
    Carrick

Though Vida was immense bar one stupid tackle near the end. Rio was pretty excellent after he gave the pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Gary Neville is unbelieveably past it. There isn't one other Premier League team he'd get his game for. Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

lordgoat wrote: »
    Vidic
    Rooney
    Carrick

Though Vida was immense bar one stupid tackle near the end. Rio was pretty excellent after he gave the pen.
    thought the defense as a whole was poor in the first half and the start of the 2nd half tbh and I don't think it should be dismissed as being Nevilles fault because Dorrans strolled right through the middle on more than one occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Wasn't a straightforward choice really, gave it to:

Carrick
    Vidic
    Rio

They stood out the most. Carrick was always looking for a positive forward pass, not just back to the defence, and did some excellent covering.

Vidic and Rio kept West Brom at 1 goal, when the rest of the team seemed to be self destructing so they deserve it too.

I went:

Rooney
    Hernandez
    Vidic

Rooney was Uniteds best player by a country mile today IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How tough was that to watch? Christ on a bloody bike!

Hernandez, the ultimate sub! He'll score a 90th min goal in a Champions League Final for us someday! :cool:

Rooney was top notch today. I think we just got our apology from him. Actions speak louder than words as they say!

MOTM

Rooney
    Carrick
    Hernandez

Carrick was very good today. He played well and gave us that little bit of extra defensive cover when Neville had gone AWOL.

Any body else slightly worried about Fletcher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I went:

Rooney
    Hernandez
    Vidic

Rooney was Uniteds best player by a country mile today IMO.

Agree with this, Though Rio was good too. Ando wasnt the worst bar his passing in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Just got to watch this now, for me West Brom played really really well and deserve credit. My God Morrisons goal was something else, I couldn't even be annoyed about it.
    Gary Neville is so incredibly dodgy! With him in the side I'm nervous whenever anyone goes near him. I can't image he's gonna build much on his 400 appearances before the end of the season. Obviously we are missing our wingers, but I think its really nani we are missing right now, he is definitely a key, key player in our team now.

For MOTM

Rooney
    Vidic
    Chicharito

Rooney was brilliant today and I feel like his love for the club is back in full swing he's really giving his all and was great running at west brom. Vidic was solid and hernadez just for the goal, although I could have gone with carrick for number 3.
    Gibson didn't look too bad when he came on either, which is more than I can usually say.
    Delighted with the 3 points in a really tough game against a team which played how all teams should play against united and have a go.

Advertisement