Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    Nice running there bosco, what happened to taking it easy?

S&M - A/R/T ;)

Just took delivery of the latest bit of running attire that will continue to make me look ridiculous.....It's a Brooks Beanie! I just tried it on and it looks like a swimming cap....Class:D :D

So, if on your travels today you see a guy running in sunglasses and a green and black quartered swimming cap that will be me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Just took delivery of the latest bit of running attire that will continue to make me look ridiculous.....It's a Brooks Beanie! I just tried it on and it looks like a swimming cap....Class:D :D

So, if on your travels today you see a guy running in sunglasses and a green and black quartered swimming cap that will be me :eek:

Better polish my shades so when driving around Firhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Fair play to you Digger, it takes a 'special' kind of person to wear the garb you flash around Tallaght!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Enjoy it while you can. That type of shizzle won’t fly in Terenure!

• Advertisement

Fair play to you Digger, it takes a 'special' kind of person to wear the garb you flash around Tallaght!

I'm a ''Frank 'n' Beans'' type of guy alright! :D

claralara wrote: »
    Enjoy it while you can. That type of shizzle won’t fly in Terenure!

I know....I'll have to start running in golf gear ;)

Anyhoo.....

Was too warm to wear the special hat today so I drove over to Marlay and did a couple of loops.....

4.15 miles at 8:14 pace

Anyhoo.....

Was too warm to wear the special hat today

You must have been devastated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Heartbroken. I'd say he cried like a baby and had to use his new hat as a snot rag!

• Advertisement

Heartbroken. I'd say he cried like a baby and hat to use his new hat as a snot rag!

He probably just carried his banana in it!;)

Totally
    Heartbroken. I'd say he cried like a baby and had to use his new hat as a snot rag!

I was chopping onions
    He probably just carried his banana in it!;)

It's a good shape for a ring of white pudding :D

I forgot to mention that whilst on the homeward leg of my 9 mile run on Monday, a white van slowed up across the road from me and a delightful member of the Travelling community exercised his cultural right as an ethnic minority by shouting ''Excuse me, you dropped your v*gina back there''!....Charming:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that whilst on the homeward leg of my 9 mile run on Monday, a white van slowed up across the road from me and a delightful member of the Travelling community exercised his cultural right as an ethnic minority by shouting ''Excuse me, you dropped your v*gina back there''!....Charming:rolleyes:

Did any 'grabbing' take place? or do you not kiss and tell?:D

Did any 'grabbing' take place? or do you not kiss and tell?:D

Nah...He told me ''If you're not good enough for your Daddy then you're not good enough for me'' :eek:

So, cream crackers aside - Running today ----

4.6 miles at 8:32 pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I got you all confused when i shouted 'Go Digger' from the car on Taylors Lane today :p. It looked like you weren't sure whether to wave back or jump in the hedge :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    I got you all confused when i shouted 'Go Digger' from the car on Taylors Lane today :p. It looked like you weren't sure whether to wave back or jump in the hedge :pac:

Ahh....It was you so! All I heard was ''er''.........When it actually twigged with me and I half turned, I saw the yellow reg. and put 1 an 1 together...I ended up giving you what could have been mistaken for Nazi wave!;)

Not a great week last week.......

Mon - 9.15 Miles at 8:43 pace
    Weds - 4.15 Miles at 8:14 pace
    Thurs - 4.6 Miles at 8:32 pace

So, with a view to getting a better week under my belt prior to Mallow on the 27th.....

Today, I ran from the house to Marlay Park, did one loop and back again to the land that even time didn't forget....

11.1 miles at 8:49 pace

Today was the strongest I've felt in quite a while, don't quite know why as my recent nutrition has been questionable to say the least :o

It was nice to get a cheer on the way from Menopause although the short skirt, pigtails and pom poms will probably give me nightmares for quite a while to come :D

• Advertisement

a white van slowed up across the road from me and a delightful member of the Travelling community exercised his cultural right as an ethnic minority by shouting
    menoscemo wrote: »

Coincidence?:D

Coincidence?:D

Well, both had yellow reg. plates.....;)

Surprised he had that word in his vocabulary! :rolleyes:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Surprised he had that word in his vocabulary! :rolleyes:

He picked it up on 'The truth about settled people'

Was probably smart to do a slow 3 mile recovery run today seeing as yesterday's 11 plus miles was the longest run I'd done since DCM times as far as I remember, so, with that in mind I went out and did....

4.56 miles at 7:58 pace :pac:

Actually felt pretty good for the most part but had a few spots where I was breathing hard enough...

Was probably smart to do a slow 3 mile recovery run today seeing as yesterday's 11 plus miles was the longest run I'd done since DCM times as far as I remember, so, with that in mind I went out and did....

4.56 miles at 7:58 pace :pac:

Actually felt pretty good for the most part but had a few spots where I was breathing hard enough...[/QUOTE]

Oh, so many quotes spring to mind.... but I refuse to stoop to your level! ;):D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Actually felt pretty good for the most part but had a few spots where I was breathing hard enough...[/QUOTE]

Oh, so many quotes spring to mind.... but I refuse to stoop to your level! ;):D

You'd need to stoop slightly lower;)...Funny thing is that I actually resisted putting ''breathing heavily'' for fear of the comeback!:)

I'm finding lately that the legs want to take off the minute I hit the road but if I hold back for the first two miles I end up faster overall and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable. Plus, the way you dress for running, rounding a corner breathing heavily and brandishing a banana might see you done for public indecency!

Plus, the way you dress for running, rounding a corner breathing heavily and brandishing a banana might see you done for public indecency!

And there was the new green hat!! :eek:

• Advertisement

Headed over to Marlay this morning, lovely weather for a run and lot of people about......Tried to run on the grass when I could (which is something I don't normally do but should).......

I saw a girl I recognized from somewhere and when I passed her on my second loop she was laughing at me looking all confused and trying to figure out how I knew her....:confused: Of course I should have stopped and asked her how I knew her but that would have put undue pressure and temptation on her.....;)

Anyway....4.34 miles at 8:13 pace

Advertisement