Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Warm-down was a greedily consumed fillet steak sandwich....mmmmmmm:D

Bit early in your training to be eating like me you little piggie... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Totally understandable.....However, maybe the two of you can......share it!:pac:

Jeez, somebody thinks highly of themselves :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »

Nobody in the history of the marathon eats as much as you!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »

But it was...DELICIOUS....a little sea salt cracked over it and..I'm hungry again!!
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Jeez, somebody thinks highly of themselves :rolleyes:

It's all bravado...I'm actually a little shy and short on confidence :P
    mrslow wrote: »
    Nobody in the history of the marathon eats as much as you!:pac:

You two are like BFF's.......:eek:

Glad to see you were all chatting in my absence :pac: The plan for today was to do 8 miles, 2 warm-up - 4 at lactate threshold - 2 warm down.....

There were a couple of things at play here...1. I've no real idea what my lactate pace is or should be and 2. I hadn't eaten anything since 8.30 this morning so was starving and decided it would be sensible to curtail the plan somewhat so I dispensed with the warm down..

I did loops of Marlay so the odd laps were uphill hence the slower times (and extra effort to get there!!)

Mile 1 - Warm-up @ 8:51 / Mile 2 - Warm-up @ 8:42

Mile 3 @ 8:11, Mile 4 @ 7.23, Mile 5 @7.57, Mile 6 @ 7:20

Warm-down was a greedily consumed fillet steak sandwich....mmmmmmm:D

Your tempo runs should be even paced at a comfortably hard pace, Macmillan will give you a good indication after Sunday's race what pace you should be aiming for but you should feel pretty fresh at the end of the run, it should also be on the flat as any hills mean extra effort which goes against the required even effort. You should also complete the run with a warm down to clear out any lactic acid you may have built up and it will also make your legs feel less 'heavy'.

• Advertisement

Once again I threw caution to the wind with the training......

5.25 miles at 7:34 pace:eek:

Mallow 10 Mile tomorrow :)

Early start for the train and the clock going forward :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What time are yee setting off at?

What time are yee setting off at?

Myself and RK have a 06:50 (nee 05.50) departure from Pram Springs - Red line to Heuston....Train is at 08.25....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Myself and RK have a 06:50 (nee 05.50) departure from Pram Springs - Red line to Heuston....Train is at 08.25....

Rough. I'll warm and comfy in bed at that time dreaming of you guys. Way I feel now though I could totally race 10 miles tomorrow! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Is the first one at 6:50 or 7am? I'll be jogging down to the Kylemore stop so Should see youse on the tram.

Met up with RK, Menopause, Spaghetti, mrslow and OCD and headed off on a road trip....I was confident of a PB as my previous training run was a remarkably easy 5.25 miles at 7:34 pace --- However, when I switched my Garmin on in Mallow I realised the 7:34 captured was the last mile I'd run and not the average doh!

Anyway, gun goes off and I kept right behind the sub 80 pacers until the balloons started to annoy me so I overtook them....First mile was in 7.40 as was the second, spaghetti came alongside me and suggested I was going to fast...He was right! At this point I realised I had my Garmin set for mile laps (from a recent training session) so I'd no indication of my average pace and was afraid to start playing with the buttons.....

Mile 3 was at 7:30 pace which again was too fast so I allowed some of the runners around me to go on ahead and dropped my pace to put in some consolidation miles at just below 8 minute pace.....I did this, making sure I was doing 7.54's and 7.55's for the next five miles and then pushed on again for the last two in 7:40 and 7:20 respectively.....Those runners who I had let go earlier were all overtaken in either the last or penultimate mile which felt good:D

Finishing time of 77:23 for a PB by over 4 mins :)

Good fun with the lads for the day and a special thanks goes to claralara for supplying me with a goodie bag ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

At this point I realised I had my Garmin set for mile laps (from a recent training session) so I'd no indication of my average pace and was afraid to start playing with the buttons

That's my normal setup, for training and races. Previous miles are in the past, all you can change is your pace in the current mile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

You're the 1/3 fav in my book for the public humiliation in Dunshaughlin after yesterday, i'll have to come over just for that. Better start upping the mileage!

You're the 1/3 fav in my book for the public humiliation in Dunshaughlin after yesterday, i'll have to come over just for that. Better start upping the mileage!

If we both go sub 4 what then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I heard it's for the entire race series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

menoscemo wrote: »

Mini marathon too of course. Helicopter waiting at the finish in Cork :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done A, great running and great time! :)

menoscemo wrote: »

As discussed last night I may not be able to run the series and would miss out on seeing Digger in the tights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Dunshauglin is where the loser will do the honourable thing.

Well done on yesterday, great time and plenty to power you on during the long summer evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

Finishing time of 77:23 for a PB by over 4 mins :)

We are all very proud of you - keep it up !:)

I was spot on with your Tempo Time

RayCun wrote: »
    That's my normal setup, for training and races. Previous miles are in the past, all you can change is your pace in the current mile...

Yep, I see the benefit of it but it caught me on the hop....To be honest, I've never even read the manual!

Just to clarify the whole pink compression socks bet thing.....Myself and/or mrslow will wear them for the Dunshaughlin 10k in the event that I/we fail to break 4 hours at the Cork marathon...If we both break the 4 hours then we are ridicule free, if one of us breaks the 4 hours and the other doesn't then it's the poor unfortunate on his own for the pink look.....:D

If we both go sub 4 what then?

Please see above post...We both go sub 4 then we keep any dignity we have!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Hmm, and you guys are going to be paced by Meno and Aimman...? .... hmmm, the possibilities...:D

Hmm, and you guys are going to be paced by Meno and Aimman...? .... hmmm, the possibilities...:D

We'll hopefully be well ahead of them!:eek:

I've already done a risk analysis of that and will be pacing myself ;)

I was spot on with your Tempo Time

Yep, thanks for that...I entered my 10 mile time and printed out all the relevant values....

• Advertisement

I've already done a risk analysis of that and will be pacing myself ;)

Have you signed up?

Advertisement