Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    Hmm, and you guys are going to be paced by Meno and Aimman...? .... hmmm, the possibilities...:D

I think I might bring my ipod to Cork (or else aim for a sub 3.30 :D;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

jcsmum wrote: »

Haha, somehow I get the feeling I'm not the the one at the wrong end of that statement. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Don't worry, we won't badger you. We might 'accidentally' trip up Beavis or Butthead if we get the chance though :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    Have you signed up?

Yes, did it this afternoon but haven't received my email confirmation as yet!

Good idea ;)
    Aimman wrote: »
    Haha, somehow I get the feeling I'm not the the one at the wrong end of that statement. :D

I think you're right!
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Don't worry, we won't badger you. We might 'accidentally' trip up Beavis or Butthead if we get the chance though :pac:.

Beavis will be keeping his distance from you and your tailwind....As for Butthead, you'll have to ask him yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Just to clarify the whole pink compression socks bet thing.....Myself and/or mrslow will wear them for the Dunshaughlin 10k in the event that I/we fail to break 4 hours at the Cork marathon...If we both break the 4 hours then we are ridicule free, if one of us breaks the 4 hours and the other doesn't then it's the poor unfortunate on his own for the pink look.....:D

Nope, not having this. Based on your times yesterday both of you are well on for sub 4...think it needs to be lower, sub 3:45 or 3:50 :D.
    Now when is this 10km race on, need to clear my schedule and get the camera ready :P

• Advertisement

shazkea wrote: »
    Nope, not having this. Based on your times yesterday both of you are well on for sub 4...think it needs to be lower, sub 3:45 or 3:50 :D.
    Now when is this 10km race on, need to clear my schedule and get the camera ready :P

To go sub 4, I have to improve my PB by 33 minutes.....mrslow has to improve by 15 mins.....That's a fair chunk of time to find Shaz...Which I think gives all you 'observers' a great chance of success! :pac:

To go sub 4, I have to improve my PB by 33 minutes.....mrslow has to improve by 15 mins.....That's a fair chunk of time to find Shaz...Which I think gives all you 'observers' a great chance of success! :pac:

True, 33 mins is a massive improvement but by your own admission you had a crap day in DCM and it was just a once off. You're flying lately and with some good training weeks between now and June, sub 4 would be a stroll for you. Besides I know you really want to wear those pinks socks so I'm just making it easier for you to justify it ;)

As for Mrs Low, 15 mins...nothing to him!

Wonder where the best spectators point is in Dunshaughlin....

Anywhere as long as I'm in view.....;):D

Oh be still my beating heart :pac:

Oh be still my beating heart :pac:

:D.....It will be still for good if you end up seeing me in pink compression socks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

He hasn't mentioned the pink lacy suspender belt he'll be wearing with them...

He hasn't mentioned the pink lacy suspender belt he'll be wearing with them...

Ahh stop....I'm trying to enjoy a packet of Hula Hoops......:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »

D'ya fancy picking up your broken teeth with broken fingers?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I've signed up for the half in Cork and didn't get an email confirming it either so thought it was just me.

Regarding the doubters, yes both digger and mrslow should run well under 4hrs based on yesterday's run but the bet has been made and can't be changed.

Many variables come into though and its not a gimme. One thing is the weather. It can be a heatwave (2009 was 20c at 9am and cruel is not the word) while last year it was wet and windy. Many things can happen while training for a marathon and during a marathon as i can vouch.

On the up side, its an better course than 2009 when i did it. Also to knock 33 and 15 minutes off a time is a big target and if you don't respect the distance, it will bite you in the bum. So they have to train right or they will suffer the fates.

chinguetti wrote: »
    while last year it was wet and windy

Did menopause have the Vindaloo again? ;)

True, 33 mins is a massive improvement but by your own admission you had a crap day in DCM and it was just a once off. You're flying lately and with some good training weeks between now and June, sub 4 would be a stroll for you. Besides I know you really want to wear those pinks socks so I'm just making it easier for you to justify it ;)

As for Mrs Low, 15 mins...nothing to him!

If Digger had been a bit more conservative in DCM he'd have beaten me hands down, he's only coming back to form and was only 3 mins behind me yesterday. I don't feel he has 33 mins to find and would be surprised if there's very much between us in the end one way or the other.

Having said that if it comes down to the wire I'll shoulder him into a garda to ensure he's the one in the pink socks and if my move goes well, he'll be running in handcuffs too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

if my move goes well, he'll be running in handcuffs too ;)
    Methinks he may find that a turn-on. ;)

Methinks he may find that a turn-on. ;)

Whatever blows his skirt up.:D

Having said that if it comes down to the wire I'll shoulder him into a garda to ensure he's the one in the pink socks and if my move goes well, he'll be running in handcuffs too ;)

Dude, don't forget...I'm a giver not a taker ;)

Dude, don't forget...I'm a giver not a taker ;)

True love knows no boundaries;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

chinguetti wrote: »
    I've signed up for the half in Cork and didn't get an email confirming it either so thought it was just me.

Same, I contacted them regarding this and they got back to me saying they had my entry details and that some email accounts maybe blocking their email, not so sure about that but I have since recieved confirmation.

Also regarding the bet, myself and a friend have a bet for Dublin (in an effort to motivate me) €50 to the winner and it's simple who can take the biggest % chunk of their current PB, mine 3'37 his 3'18, we thought this was the fairest way and at least you'll be guaranteed a winner or more importantly in your case a loser :D

Woddle wrote: »
    Same, I contacted them regarding this and they got back to me saying they had my entry details and that some email accounts maybe blocking their email, not so sure about that but I have since recieved confirmation.

Also regarding the bet, myself and a friend have a bet for Dublin (in an effort to motivate me) €50 to the winner and it's simple who can take the biggest % chunk of their current PB, mine 3'37 his 3'18, we thought this was the fairest way and at least you'll be guaranteed a winner or more importantly in your case a loser :D

I refer you back to my earlier post where our marathon times are wide on paper but not in reality.:cool:

Woddle wrote: »

I'd rather lose 50 blips then wear those things......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Your marathon times last year might not be a good predictor - but how about your MacMillan predictions from your Mallow times?
    Digger's 77.23 predicts a 3.36 marathon
    Mrslow's 74.22 predicts a 3.28
    whoever is furthest away from their predicted time wears the socks.

(and if you both beat your predicted times, you escape the socks...but you buy the drinks)

RayCun wrote: »
    Your marathon times last year might not be a good predictor - but how about your MacMillan predictions from your Mallow times?
    Digger's 77.23 predicts a 3.36 marathon
    Mrslow's 74.22 predicts a 3.28
    whoever is furthest away from their predicted time wears the socks.

(and if you both beat your predicted times, you escape the socks...but you buy the drinks)

Nice try but it was McMillan that gave me cramps in my cramps last year so I'll be running 9 min pace all the way in Cork this time....Myself and mrslow are on the same team here and there's no 'opposite wager'....Maybe if we avoid having to wear the socks, menopause and spaghetti have to wear each other....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good fun with the lads for the day and a special thanks goes to claralara for supplying me with a goodie bag ;)

My pleasure! "The attractive lady at the bar sent over this drink for you..." ;)

claralara wrote: »
    My pleasure! "The attractive lady at the bar sent over this drink for you..." ;)

Ah, I thought it was you....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Sorry boys, ye can't change the bet so it ye against each other.

However as i was wearing purple socks yesterday, as the brother pointed out in the pub while discussing the merits of 17th century Italian art, that would be too easy a bet for me if i was ever so silly as to gamble:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Ah, I thought it was you....:)

Nope, wouldn't waste my money.

Interesting strategy though - get him tanked, take advantage. A clever attractive lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

claralara wrote: »
    Interesting strategy though - get him tanked, take advantage.

:confused: someone tried to steal his banana? Sure digger is always happy to give it away :confused:

Advertisement