Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

mrslow wrote: »
    It's Claralara's sense rubbing off.

Makes a change from her mascara around the 18M mark! :D

You were in good shape across the line, you weren't too far behind me. Last year I did a 81min 10M in the park in August and still managed a 3:44 marathon in Dublin.

MacMillan has you down for a 3:30 marathon. Perhaps head off with the 3:45 bunch if you feel your training is working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Aimman wrote: »
    Makes a change from her mascara around the 18M mark! :D

You were in good shape across the line, you weren't too far behind me. Last year I did a 81min 10M in the park in August and still managed a 3:44 marathon in Dublin.

MacMillan has you down for a 3:30 marathon. Perhaps head off with the 3:45 bunch if you feel your training is working out.

Thanks, I'm following the 12 week P&D 55 mile schedule so I won't have quite as much training done as I'd like but will play it by ear on the day. What about a sprint finish between yourself and Meno for the honour of wearing RK's socks in the pub after the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

hey, you never told us they made a movie based on your childhood ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0334405/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

What about a sprint finish between yourself and Meno for the honour of wearing RK's socks in the pub after the race?

We've agreed to cross the line together and wear one sock each.

We've agreed to cross the line together and wear one sock each.

That'll work, put them on your heads and ye could rob a bank.

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »

This is the prequel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Did you say you were hoping for a sub4 in Cork? If you knocked out the 74min 10M in Mallow, it should be no problem for you.

74 would have been Ex VAT Aimman....It was 77:23...Plus, I had a bad experience in my one marathon race to date so I really need to lay the ghosts with a good solid 3:59 or a few minutes lower!

That was me but Digger wasn't far behind, I've discussed revising his target with him but he's determined to run a conservative marathon. It's Claralara's sense rubbing off.

No....I'm actually not going to reply to this one...It's just too easy :D

:D Excellent

It should read ''Allen's Woody Bananas'' :D

• Advertisement

This morning...Phoenix Park @ 9 A.M. - Nobody there.....I sent a couple of texts to make sure it was the Papal car park at 9 but heard nothing back....Eventually headed off on my own....I was a couple of miles into my run when I saw Lady Chatterly drive by in one of the staff cars.....So, I headed back up to the car park to find one by one the group arriving for a 10 AM start....I keep arriving too early, maybe that's my age :eek:

Headed off then with Spag Bol, The Mallow Moanopause, mrslownomore, brownian, xebec and Lady Chatterly....

Did the first 2.59 miles as a Billy, next 10.41 with the group and the final 3 with The Mallow Moanapause....Last 3 were at 8.30 pace which was good...

16 Miles @ 9.21 pace - Longest I've run since DCM

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Last 3 were at 8.30 pace which was good.

What happened to 7:30 pace???

What happened to 7:30 pace???

That was a joke...I haven't run that pace since I set the Garmin up wrong ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

That was a joke...I haven't run that pace since I was a young lad. The knees start clicking if I even think about going over a 9 minute mile these days.

Awh. Teary sad face.

claralara wrote: »
    Awh. Teary sad face.

Are you referring to your previous LSR's?......It was great to see you in such good form today, slightly pink faced but sprinting away from me at the end of your 10 miles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah see was crying later when she proclaimed that she'ld never see me again. Something about never running a step again.

Proves that the staff signed her up for Dublin methinks:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    Ah see was crying later when she proclaimed that she'ld never see me again. Something about never running a step again.

Proves that the staff signed her up for Dublin methinks:D

Well, one is not permitted to use anything so accessible to the rabble as the Internet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

sprinting away from me at the end of your 10 miles ;)

Surely this is something you're used to from the lady folk out there by now? Be grateful you even got the 10 miles out of me in the first place!
    Ah see was crying later when she proclaimed that she'd never see me again. Something about never running a step again.

Proves that the staff signed her up for Dublin me thinks:D

Tears of joy... You've done nothing but inflict pain and hills on my poor me for weeks now. My body's not talking to me anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Tears of joy... You've done nothing but inflict pain and hills on my poor me for weeks now. My body's not talking to me anymore!

Imagine what i'ld be like if i couldn't stand ya. Its alright, all those new marathon runners will appear come June and we can torture help them in their training.

16 Miles @ 9.21 pace - Longest I've run since DCM

That's brilliant, delighted you're back on track for another marathon. :)

• Advertisement

Imagine what i'ld be like if i couldn't stand ya. Its alright, all those new marathon runners will appear come June and we can torture help them in their training.

Torture is your friend!:pac::D

Surely this is something you're used to from the lady folk out there by now? Be grateful you even got the 10 miles out of me in the first place!
    !

My mistake was giving you the said piece of fruit before the run....;)

My mistake was giving you the said piece of fruit before the run....;)

Yes, I believe your modus operandi is to wait until the victim is weak, defenceless and alone before injecting her with the phallic fruit.;)

That's brilliant, delighted you're back on track for another marathon. :)

Ta :)

Yes, I believe your modus operandi is to wait until the victim is weak, defenceless and alone before injecting her with the phallic fruit.;)

Ah jaybus....Show some respect for you elders.....:rolleyes:

Ah jaybus....Show some respect for you elders.....:rolleyes:

Sorry Dad!

Sorry Dad!

That's Mr Fyffe to you.....;)

That's Mr Fyffe to you.....;)