Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    :D.............That's something I hear quite a lot :D:D

Only when you start the story with 'During the war...'biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

chinguetti wrote: »
    Imagine what i'ld be like if i couldn't stand ya. Its alright, all those new marathon runners will appear come June and we can torture help them in their training.
    mrslow wrote: »
    Torture is your friend!:pac::D

Thanks for the warning guys - those planned support training runs with ye have now been removed from the diary :)

Digger, good to see you back in form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

shazkea wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning guys - those planned support training runs with ye have now been removed from the diary :)

Digger, good to see you back in form

Thanks Shaz!!

Yeh, there are some interesting training runs, strictly over 23's:eek:....

Recovery run this morning....

4.63 miles at 9:22 pace

Interesting run today through and out the back of the Waterworks, around the duck egg farm and back over Glenasmole.....

8:47 miles in total with almost 1,084 feet of elevation. Times per miles were as follows...9:31, 9:14, 9:21, 9:22, 9:28, 7:51, 8:08, 8:37, 8:47(.47 mile warm-down)

• Advertisement

Interesting run today through and out the back of the Waterworks, around the duck egg farm and back over Glenasmole.....

8:47 miles in total with almost 1,084 feet of elevation. Times per miles were as follows...9:31, 9:14, 9:21, 9:22, 9:28, 7:51, 8:08, 8:37, 8:47(.47 mile warm-down)

Tempo?

shazkea wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning guys - those planned support training runs with ye have now been removed from the diary

People excel under our guidance I'll have you know, a corrupted mind is a happy one!

Tempo?

I hadn't really intended it but yep, I guess it was....Times were all over the place because of the elevation but the effort increased mile on mile until the warm down!

I hadn't really intended it but yep, I guess it was....Times were all over the place because of the elevation but the effort increased mile on mile until the warm down!

I meant what happened to the planned Tempo!;)

I meant what happened to the planned Tempo!;)

It was meant to be 5 at slow pace and 5 at half marathon pace...It turned into something else as usual but it was a fab run in the sunshine!...Have to head out and do 11 miles later..

• Advertisement

The plan today was for 11 miles but my youngest Daughter announced that finally she wanted to go for a run with me..(I've been suggesting this for over a year)....So, out the window went 11 miles and off we went to Marlay....Mile 1 at 11.08 pace and my Daughter had to lie down....She was so wrecked even her teeth hurt:confused:

Whilst she was recovering I scooted off and did another 2 miles at 7:55 pace. Not sure what to do now...17 due on Sunday so no point in doing anything silly tomorrow I guess.

1 Mile warm-up and 2 miles at 7.55 pace

I awoke feeling very positive and decided to head out at 7.30 a.m. for my 17 mile LSR. I started at Knackeragua and off down through Harolds Cross...Turned right down the Canal, turned back toward town after Haddington Rd, took a right down Barrow st (must be an amazing place to wake up in the mornings and have a coffee overlooking Grand Mill Quay in this weather)...Anyway, Pearse St became Grafton St, into St Stephens Green, Leeson st and on out through Ranelagh and basically followed the Dodder all the way home....Absolutely lovely (apart from the bit at the end ;))!

17.5 miles @ 9:32 pace and a 2 mile warm-down walk

Legs tired, head great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭showit

I awoke feeling very positive and decided to head out at 7.30 a.m. for my 17 mile LSR. I started at Knackeragua and off down through Harolds Cross...Turned right down the Canal, turned back toward town after Haddington Rd, took a right down Barrow st (must be an amazing place to wake up in the mornings and have a coffee overlooking Grand Mill Quay in this weather)...Anyway, Pearse St became Grafton St, into St Stephens Green, Leeson st and on out through Ranelagh and basically followed the Dodder all the way home....Absolutely lovely (apart from the bit at the end ;))!

17.5 miles @ 9:32 pace and a 2 mile warm-down walk

Legs tired, head great!

well done:)

Another gorgeous morning so I headed out before all my Dutch Gold swilling neighbours had even started to sober up....

Recovery Run - 3.08 miles @ 9:34 pace

Round up of the week - 5 runs and 36.68 miles

Hope all goes well for the Conn crowd.....Looking forward to the race reports later and seeing Meno's Ultra medal theory tested out!!

Nice running horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Super running! well done. :)

Due to my current sleeping arrangements I got very little actual sleep last night (and not in a good way ;)) The result of which I was wide awake at 3 am considering an LSR or a work trip to Donegal :eek:.....Despite my momentary stupidity I got back off for an hour or two and headed out at 6:44 (A.M. not per mile:D)....

10 Miles - First 5 Miles at 9:21 pace and last 5 Miles at 8:49

Very happy with this as 1. It felt very easy and 2. The last 3 miles were up that freakin Firhouse wind tunnel and it was so bad I was nearly blown to a stop once or twice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The last 3 miles were up that freakin Firhouse wind tunnel
    Be like Chinguetti. Wind is your friend. :cool:

GO you! Very impressive running so early of a morning and in that wind. :)

Be like Chinguetti. Wind is your friend. :cool:

:D Why do you think I'm sleeping in a different bed ;)

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    GO you! Very impressive running so early of a morning and in that wind. :)

Thanks K. :)

Last night I headed into town for a couple of pints, I fell into bad company and got home at 3.30 am.....On top of the additional pint-age consumed, I had only eaten two sandwiches all day......Not so bright! As a result, today was tentative but rather than skip a run I headed out for a little loosener..

3.69 miles at 8:47 pace

Last night I headed into town for a couple of pints, I fell into bad company and got home at 3.30 am.....On top of the additional pint-age consumed, I had only eaten two sandwiches all day......Not so bright! As a result, today was tentative but rather than skip a run I headed out for a little loosener..

3.69 miles at 8:47 pace

When I saw the distance I was wondering whether or not you'd changed plans, now I see you're on the Claralara plan, (ie)fit your running in around your boozing ;)

When I saw the distance I was wondering whether or not you'd changed plans, now I see you're on the Claralara plan, (ie)fit your running in around your boozing ;)

I hear ya ;)

I hear ya ;)

You running 16 on Sunday?

You running 16 on Sunday?

It's looking that way...You, me and spagbol...Any other takers (or givers)?

Spagbol's out and Meno might have an injury.

Would love to join you guys, but I'm a golf widow on Sundays. Have to do my LSR on Saturdays.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Would love to join you guys, but I'm a golf widow on Sundays. Have to do my LSR on Saturdays.

I think I'm not a college widower the following Saturday...

• Advertisement

I think I'm not a college widower the following Saturday...

I'm away next weekend!
    Anyways I've just got word the grandparents are up for a spot of babysitting for a few days, so Sunday might be a possibility after all.

Advertisement