Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucky ár Lá... DigDig's gonna get you!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    I'm away next weekend!
    Anyways I've just got word the grandparents are up for a spot of babysitting for a few days, so Sunday might be a possibility after all.

Excellent, can't imagine much worse that being stuck on my own with bananaman:D

What's your plan, mileage wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    Excellent, can't imagine much worse that being stuck on my own with bananaman:D

What's your plan, mileage wise?

I'm not sure, would love to do 18, but 16 would be fine too. As last weekend proves anything can happen to good intentions!

I'm not sure, would love to do 18, but 16 would be fine too. As last weekend proves anything can happen to good intentions!

Well I'm feeling a bit ropey and was gonna ditch tonights 9 miles in favour of maybe 20 on Sunday, what do ya think?

Well I'm feeling a bit ropey and was gonna ditch tonights 9 miles in favour of maybe 20 on Sunday, what do ya think?

Is that a challenge?

It would be great to get another 20 under my belt. Can I say 'I'll see, I can aim for it on the day....'

Is that a challenge?

It would be great to get another 20 under my belt. Can I say 'I'll see, I can aim for it on the day....'

Absolutely although I may pick a route that leaves you 4 miles from your car at mile 16, you can decide then what you want to do ;)

• Advertisement

Absolutely although I may pick a route that leaves you 4 miles from your car at mile 16, you can decide then what you want to do ;)

Yeah in case I have a meltdown.

What time on Sunday suits you?

What time on Sunday suits you?

How does 9am grab ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Nice to see the two of you having such a good chat in my absence ;)

Yesterday........

Was due to do 9 miles, 5 at slowish pace and the last 4 at lactate threshold but due to the fact that I arrived home late after 700 kms driving, stiff legs and time constraints I just sort of made up a plan...

5 Miles at 8:24 pace followed by .61 miles at 6:45 pace...

The latter was interesting as I wasn't running out of legs at the end...Looking forward to a 5k in the Summer now :D

• Advertisement

Due an LSR tomorrow which should be 16 miles according to P&D but will decide in the morning if it's time to squeeze in my first 20 of the year....So, today, I just headed out for a loosener..

4.64 miles at 9:08 pace

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Due an LSR tomorrow which should be 16 miles according to P&D but will decide in the morning if it's time to squeeze in my first 20 of the year....So, today, I just headed out for a loosener..

4.64 miles at 9:08 pace

Me too!;)

Met up this morning with mrslow and jcsmum in the park and had a very enjoyable LSR.....Definitely felt stronger than last year and didn't have any real 'low points'.....

20.5 Miles at 9.32 pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Met up this morning with mrslow and jcsmum in the park and had a very enjoyable LSR.....Definitely felt stronger than last year and didn't have any real 'low points'.....

20.5 Miles at 9.32 pace

Nice running, well done. Have you signed up for Cork as well?

20.5 Miles at 9.32 pace

Nice running there Dad.:D

shazkea wrote: »
    Nice running, well done. Have you signed up for Cork as well?

Yep Shaz......Actually looking forward to it despite the company I'll fall into ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

When I saw the distance I was wondering whether or not you'd changed plans, now I see you're on the Claralara plan, (ie)fit your running in around your boozing ;)

The claralara plan would send someone of his years no further than into an early grave!

claralara wrote: »
    The claralara plan would send someone of his years no further than into an early grave!

After running 20.5 miles with the man yesterday, I'm convinced he's lying about his age! While we're on the subject, If I had free travel I wouldn't drive anywhere.:D

Possibly, but it's a question of who has the shovel ;)

After running 20.5 miles with the man yesterday, I'm convinced he's lying about his age! While we're on the subject, If I had free travel I wouldn't drive anywhere.:D

I thought ''I have free travel'' was gonna be my mainstay chat up line...

• Advertisement

Despite being on deh-nort-syed last night, listening to trad music where the instruments included a harp and a woman with a cute little euphonium.... I headed out today for a nice 5 mile recovery run in St. Enda's Park....

5.06 Miles @ 8:56 pace with the last 400 metres in strides

First mile or two were a little iffy, slightly sore right knee but once warmed up it was all good...:)

a woman with a cute little euphonium

:D

Will head out later for maybe 5 but my legs and feet feel a bit out of kilter after the 20 at the weekend.....:confused:

sorry to hear that.

Will head out later for maybe 5 but my legs and feet feel a bit out of kilter after the 20 at the weekend.....:confused:

Around my ankles was quite stiff last night but once I was 4 miles in everything loosened up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Bangin around north side pubs to trad bands of a Monday evening proabably isn’t going to do much for those knees…maybe you should take a break from the midweek gigs and focus on your marathon training a bit more..:rolleyes:

Bangin around north side pubs to trad bands of a Monday evening proabably isn’t going to do much for those knees…maybe you should take a break from the midweek gigs and focus on your marathon training a bit more..:rolleyes:

There was no bangin around ;)

Went out this evening....Still not feeling the love from the legs but this weekend will tell all...

4.64 Miles at 8:14 pace

Around my ankles was quite stiff last night but once I was 4 miles in everything loosened up!

Bragger ;)

• Advertisement

Was due to do 12 miles with the lads in the park at 3 which was a bit on the late side for me and then I got a call from claralara...''Pweease bring me on a confidence building 10 mile run''....So that I did, a lovely morning in the park, 10 very easy miles followed by a picnic...Ok, so I lied about the picnic:D

10 Miles @ 9:53

Advertisement